We returned last weekend from a wonderful 7 day vacation at Couples Tower Isle. All of my concerns and worries that arose from reading through the reviews here on TripAdvisor were easily put aside and forgotten. It was definitely one of the best vacations I've had. I would highly recommend CTI to anyone looking for a vacation in Jamaica!
There are so many positive reviews below I won’t hash over again the same topics. But I will address some of the negative reviews below with my thoughts. Yes, the property is older. It is not the Ritz and you will see some wear and tear. The room did have a slight musty smell which you quickly get used to. But everything was very clean and well cared for. The maids did a great job of cleaning the room inside and out. The pools, whirlpools and grounds were also well cared for and everything looked great. Speaking of the whirlpools, we were able to use the whirlpools by the spa at night once the spa closed. These are a little more secluded and were a little nicer than the other hot tubs.
We had no issues making reservations right off the bat for both Bayside and Eight Rivers. The guest desk had had us fill out a dinning request form right after we checked in and we received both of our requests. I also went back a couple days later and asked for an additional night at Bayside which we received. I’m sure we could have eaten at those two restaurants more, but I wanted others to have the opportunity as well. Some people will book up each of their nights in one of these two restaurants and I don’t feel that’s fair for everyone. We ate two nights at The Verandah, which did not require reservations, and totally enjoyed the service and meals. Our other two nights were at the buffet when all the restaurants were closed. I’m not a buffet person, but the meals were outstanding there as well. Overall the food was fantastic.
We easily were able to book the catamaran, water skiing, glass bottom boat, scuba etc… Once again, not sure how some of the others in the reviews below weren't able to, as the property was sold out when we were there, but never crowded. I’m sure the key is just scheduling your week upfront with the things you want to do and you should be able to. If you wait till the last minute then you may be out of luck. We did arrive late on a Saturday afternoon, which I would guess is the most popular day for arrivals. I could see if someone was coming in on Sunday that they may not get there choices of restaurants or activities the first few days. I would think coming in on a Friday may be the best day to arrive.
On a side note, as I mentioned above, we arrived in Jamaica late Saturday afternoon the 19th. Since that is the busiest travel day and time at the airport in Montego Bay I arranged a travel package with Club Mobay. We were met at the plane and guided past the two hour wait at immigration and customs and quickly whisked to the Club Mobay and Couples waiting lounges. Highly recommend this if you’re arriving at a busy time.
We never had an issue with CTI running out of premium liquor. Actually Crown Royal is my favorite and all of the bars had it. There were always plenty of premium favorites at each bar throughout the day. They restock your mini-fridge each day with the liquor (not premium) of your choice and two Red Stripe beers. Make sure to bring a bottle opener with you for the beer.
We also had green flags each day. I was a little worried when some of the recent reviews described their red flag days. Guess we got lucky our week with the weather (or maybe those folks just were unlucky).
I did bring a lot of $1’s for tipping and it was always appreciated. They do not expect it, but it’s nice to give to show respect, which is the word they use when you tip them.
There is not much of a night life at the resort, and that was fine for us. We had a couple late nights at the piano bar which was fun.
We had an awesome time and look forward to hopefully returning in the future. We met quite a few couples who split their time between the different Couples Resorts. That seems to be a great idea as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios