“Simply Great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Couples Tower Isle

Save Saved
You added Couples Tower Isle to your Saves list
Couples Tower Isle
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   St. Mary, Ocho Rios, Jamaica (Formerly Couples Ocho Rio)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 39 hotels in Ocho Rios
“Simply Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We were a bit hesitant about booking at Tower Isle, just because the whole "au natural" thing isn't really what we're into. Turned out that this is completely a non-issue, go to the island if you want or hang by the pool or beach if you want. You'll be guaranteed a fabulous time either way.

I would say this is not a big party resort, so if that's what you're looking for you can make a better choice. If you're looking for a great couples resort to lay back and just enjoy each other then there is no better choice than Tower Isle. I guess you could claim that the rooms are a bit outdated, but really they're not - I think it's more of the style of the resort. The rooms are super comfortable, but I would upgrade to the premier ocean room because its well worth the few extra dollars for the spectacular view and to listen to the surf in the morning and evening.

The food is incredible for an all inclusive. I'll give that there is not the selection as in the huge factory type all inclusives, but there is a good selection and the reservation restaurants Bayside and Eight Rivers are not to be missed. We did not have a bad meal the whole eight days we were there. Drinks were great and plentiful, premium brands are available - a discrete small tip will is most appreciated by the staff. Don't get me wrong no tipping is required, but it seems to be appreciated.

The staff are fantastic, laid back and know your name from the second day you are there. Can't say enough about this resort, simply a relaxing and fantastic time.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

1,967 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This hotel is fantastic. As a travel agent I would highly reccomment this hotel to my clients. The lobby area is chic and the big glass windows over look out on to the ocean and the tower isle. The 2 alacart restaurants Eight Rivers and Bayside need reservations. Only time you can book are 7.00 7.30 and 8 (i believe) I do usually like to eat around 8.30 - 9pm but no real issue. Patio is buffett with a small alacart menu at lunch and evening. Breakfast usual caribbean all inclusive, made to order eggs, pancakes fresh fruit etc. Champagne also on offer, loved it! The Verandah is a lovely looking restaurant but we never ate there. Lots of fish on the menu and my other half doesnt eat fish. The pool areas are very well kept and spotless clean. The bed covers float so can take these in the sea and pool with you.... amazing! never seem these before. The snack bar around the pool is very good quailty food and quick serving.
the staff are amazing! the only staff that let the team down were the reception staff, who could be a little short with you. the staff where you book meals/excursions are fab too.
The rooms are a little dated for the resort. bathrooms are lovely however the shower has no power what so ever. Didnt have the flooding problem I have erad in many reviews as the shower wasnt powerful enough. great mini bar always stocked up and good working aircon. the bottles put in your room for you, are a lovely touch and you get to take these home. the bottles is to use at the gym or bring water back to your room. No leakages and good to take on trips with you. The free excursions are fab, dunns river is a must. we didnt take a waterproof camera but did purchase the pic the dunns river staff take at only $8. The restrooms in public areas are spotless clean and look new. Even the pool restrooms are spotless all day and again look brand new!
The tower isle is only for nudests. you cant even go for a visit if your not a nudest. such a shame as there is a look out tower on there that my other half really wanted to go to look at. Pool towels are available at little baskets around the pool and are very thick and long. It does seem to get a lot of repeat customer does the tower isle and i can really see why. My only bug was my room view. We had a garden view room and I looked straight on to the road....The rodf down from the main road to the hotel is only small and at the top you could see the main road and all cars zooming past. Didnt really use the balcony of my room becuase of this. The little road into the hotel is only short so could hear car noise as well as see them. Over all 4*PLUS!

Cleveland, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Look, there are a ton of positive reviews on this resort so maybe I am off base. I have been to numerous AI resorts in Mexico (Secerts/Dreams/Excellence), Four Seasons, St Regis, etc... and I will not be returning to Couples Tower Isle.

First off, the staff is extremely nice and friendly. No complaints here.

My shortfalls.

Room (Ocean Front Jr Suite) - Dated at best. Feels like a late 80s remodel. Bed wasn't comfortable, room not exceptional clean

Food - The resort tries to make the restaurants overly fancy, but the food doesn't measure up. I understand this place is AI and not going to be 5 star food for the price I am paying, but in comparison to other resorts I have visited at a better price point, the food doesn't measure up. Breakfast is so-so, Lunch is glorified buffet, and dinner is average. The resort does reservations for the "nice" restaurants which limits your available options..... I found this annoying as I could only eat at the nice place once in my 4 night stay.....

Resort - Activities are aplenty. You will not be bored if that's your bag. If your looking for something a bit more relaxing, I don't recommend.

Bottom Line - Travel and Leisure and Trip Advisor rate this place very high. I didn;t see it, think I severely overpaid, and will NOT return nor do I recommend to anyone. There are many better places to spend your hard earned money....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

After my 6 day stay, I realized why high end and expensive AI chain has their return clientele. The food was to die for. I honestly did not taste one bad dish at this hotel. The bartenders and waiters were very friendly and prompt. They treated you very well, without expecting a tip. The pool/beach servers were non-existent. My two biggest problems with this resort were 1) the outdated rooms and 2) the beach. They really need to update there rooms. When you are paying close to $2,300 pp you expect a pretty flawless room. The paint on the walls were cracked and the bathroom was horrible. The beach is more like the shoreline of a lake. You might be able to go in about 10feet before it becomes unsuitable for swimming. I spoke to the manager and he was not willing to allow us to visit the sister properties for a proper swim. That was disheartening, specially considering it was our honeymoon.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ramsey, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Sitting on the deck of our one bedroom ocean suite as I write this. Ocean view is worth the extra price, although we are close to the pool bar, which can get noisy. As a person with multiple food allergies, I appreciate that the staff goes out of their way to find safe food for you to eat if you alert them ahead of time. Service is once again exceptional, and we are already trying to plan trip three. Yes, the evenings don't have the party vibe...which is fine with us. This resort is about connecting with your partner, so later at night we just want to..."connect", not party. Hedo resorts can give you that if that is your thing. The staff is special here, and will go out of their way for you. We always feel at home here. Tip- sign up for Romance rewards and pre check in a few days prior to stock your mini bar. You 'll also get points for your stay, which give you nice perks if you return...and you will want to return! Also, wear sandals that are sturdy if you visit the island. Sandy blew away the dock, so footing is a bit interesting.

Room Tip: Lower floors are convenient, but can be a bit noisy. Ocean suites worth the upgrade. The one bedroom...
Coplay, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This was our 5th trip in under 3 years and like the previous 4 it was fantastic to say the least. Every aspect of the trip from drinks, meals, snacks, spa, entertainment, staff members, rooms and overall accommodations were perfect as usual.
Like we stated in the title, there truly is no reason to bother looking at any other destination.

Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband and I went to Tower Isle for our honeymoon and wow; what a fabulous experience.

OK first off; One of the greatest thing about this resort is that a lot of activities are free with the all inclusive, unlike the other resorts. You will get to enjoy the catamaran, Dunn's river falls and snorkeling for free - So if you like doing activities, this is the place for you, although there is also an AMAZING beach if you like to just suntan in hang out by the water. BTW if you like ATV'ing, ask for the Chukka ATV tour. It's about 200 US but honestly, sooo worth it, they take you around the beautiful lands of Jamaica, you get to go cliff diving... - worth every penny.

The staff; incredible. Hands down some of the best service we have ever had. Helpful, courteous, went out of their way to please. Service with a smile at all times.

The food was fantastic; although not as many "à la carte" as some other resorts we have stayed at but none the less; never did it disappoint. It was fresh, tasty and enough of a variety to keep us satisfied.

The room we stayed in was nice and clean and the scenery from our balcony was beautiful. Now let's be honest, don't expect a state of the art room; like a lot of other resorts in Jamaica, the furniture is a bit outdated, but it was spotless and the beds were "deep sleep" comfortable.

The spa, was OK. We had a couple's massage and it was nice, but I will admit I've had better. I did like the fact that the spa was sort of hidden in the middle of the gardens on the resort. It definitely made it look more "zen".

And yes, the island in front of the resort is a nudist beach, no worries, you're not close enough to see everything in details lol :D

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Couples Tower Isle? Share your experiences!