“Wedding/ Honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Couples Tower Isle

Save Saved
You added Couples Tower Isle to your Saves list
Couples Tower Isle
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   St. Mary, Ocho Rios, Jamaica (Formerly Couples Ocho Rio)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 39 hotels in Ocho Rios
Aurora, Illinois
“Wedding/ Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is by far the prettiest beach chic hotel I have ever been too. I love the fact that it is not some huge commercialized hotel, where no one knows you. Everyone took the time to remember your name, food and drinks you like. The service is over the top. They really took the time to make every person feel special. The managers are a wonderful help. No haggle shopping. Clean facility. The spa, better than Elizabeth Arden. Beautiful landscape. The food out of this world. Not much else to say. I completely understand the high return rate, we will be back!

Room Tip: Spend the extra $20 a night and listen to the ocean.

1,948 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have read some of the bad reviews on this resort and that was not my experience. Me and my wife stay at this resort 8/11/2012 – 08/18/2012. First thing the staff was FANTASTIC. They were so good that that my wife and I felt bad that we could not tip them. We celebrated my wife 50th birthday there and the staff made it unforgettable (I am taken all the credit for it LOL). The staff members made me look good to my wife and that is a hard thing to do. I will go back for the service along. I wish I can remember the entire staff members name but thank all them for making this a fantastic vacation.
I did not have one bad meal here. The food was excellent at all the restaurants. My wife loves the dining on the private island. She is still talking about it. Thanks to Sharie for make sure that I had right magical honeymoon package to Annette and her team for making everything perfect. This should keep me out of the dog house for a while LOL. The staff in all the restaurants was OUTSTANDING. The food was so good; I ask one of the managers at the buffet to stop me from eating so much and he said have some more. That was the only request that the staff at the resort did not grand. Thank to this resort, I have gain 7lb. Do you know how hard it is to get that off LOL? I love the entire bartender staff. They all were OUTSTANDING.
Janice gave my wife and me the orientation. She did a good job but she forgot to warn me about the Bob Marley shot so I am blaming her for not making the beach party LOL. I am kicking my self for not making the beach party. Janice and the entertainment team (I wish I could remember the names the all of young lady on the entertainment team) where Great. I love them all.
The spa is a must. My wife and I had the couple seaweed body wrap and the couples’s massage. The massage was so good, I fell asleep. I was so relax; I did not want to move after it was over.
The room was not was not fancy but the housekeeping kept it clean. The only problem was the shower spill out on to the bathroom floor because there was not barrier to keep the water in the shower but we use a towel as a barrier. The mini bar was always stock. We had an amazing view of the ocean from our room. The ground was well kept. The beach was a little small but it was clean and there was always some lounge chairs. The pool was clean. I was at the swim up bar most of the time and that was a lot of fun. Watch out for the Bob Marley shots LOL I met a lot of new friend there that I still keep in contact with.
This is a small intimate resort. It maybe a little old but it is well kept. If you are looking for some romance and relaxation this is your place. But what set this place apart, is the staff and the food. I can not say enough about the staff. THEY ARE AMAZING!!! I see why people keep coming back. I almost forgot NO KIDS. I would like to try the other couple resort but I am scared. Tower Isle has set the bar high.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Boonton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is our second experience traveling to Jamaica and staying at their Couples Resorts. Our first time was at Couples Negril. Since we had such an awesome time there last August 2011, we decided to return and stay at their Ocho Rios property - Couples Tower Isle this past weekend November 7-12, 2012. While I will be honest in saying that at Negril the beach was 90% bigger and cleaner (as far as water debris like sticks and seaweed - no trash), and the food more diverse offering a much wider selection at their buffets, they both offered incredible hospitality and a wide range of activities all for one low price. Activities such as scuba diving which could run about $100 for a one tank dive, (including all the gear needed), catamaran cruise that go out for approximately two and one half hours, snorkeling, windsurfing, exercise classes and gym, an internet cafe, evening entertainment (movies under the stars) and a piano bar that serves top shelf liquor until the last person closes the place which could be 4 in the morning is all included. If by chance the weather is inclement the staff will make sure you are never bored as they will keep you busy with cooking classes, arts and craft etc. The spa is lovely and must relaxing offering a wide variety of treatments - which naturally are extra cost. If you prefer to be alone room service is available 24-7. Since the beach is much smaller at Couples Tower Isle, there is less water sports equipment available at one time. But the staff will go above and beyond the call of duty to cater to your every need. So if you don't see what you want, simply ask and they will be more than happy to provide it. This includes top shelf booze like Grey Goose Vodka. Speaking of staff, these folks cater to your ever what and need and are probably the friendliest group of people you'd like to meet. They welcome you "home" upon arrival and make sure that you are never disappointed with anything. If you should tip them which is totally optional, they will show you their appreciation in ways you'd least expect. But trust me they never look for a tip or even expect to be given one. My only word of caution especially as we experienced this past week at Couples Tower Isle, is prior to booking check to see if there are any destination weddings going on at the time of your expected stay. As one would predict these folks are given top priority and could trump you over eating in certain restaurants or excursions i.e. the catamaran cruise. This could be a bit of an inconvenience, particularly if the wedding is large (over 50 people) or the weather is inclement and everyone must stay in side.
Finally if you do go the Couples Tower Isle, be prepared for an good 90 minute transfer ride. While Negril is also a distance from the airport too, it is definitely closer by at least 30 minutes. Overall while both resorts at slightly run down, especially if you look beyond the surroundings of the hotel, and notice how the rooms while clean are out of date (Negril still uses keys to unlock the doors), there is so much more they offer that you could overlook the age of these properties. Speaking of age, the age group is very versatile, but seems to be a bit older (over 40), which suits us fine since we are in our 50s. By the end of your stay you will go home relaxed and possible with new friends, as we did hook up with a couple at each resort whereby we still to this day keep in touch. A small price to pay for even a priceless gift like new friends!

Room Tip: Rooms in blocks 1-3 require less walking from the lobby.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

This resOrt is beautiful. The workers go out of their way to mAke sure you are having a fantastic vacation. All areas are clean and the beds are comfortable! The workers are trained to give fabulous service but can't take tips on public.they could be fired if they are caught. However the cleaning lady and luggage carrier sometimes take tips if you don't give them in public. Entertainment during the day was great. The glass bottom boat is dinky and needs a face lift. Plus there is not much to see . We went snkorling on the same boat. Many of us here stung by jelly fish. They have a nurse here who was vert helpful. Vinegar works well on stings! Overall, this place is great. Come down! On a side note, the ride from the airport is truly 1.5. Hours . The driver will stop for beer to drink on the ride but we all opted not to in order to get to the resort sooner. When you Arrive at the airport there is a lounge that serves beer and soda. Nice to relax before heading on the bus for a long rode to the resort. We wanted to ride the catamaran but we waited til the end of our stay and the ocean was too angry. The reasarunts were great too. Be sure to make reservations when you arrive. Definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012
Crawley, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have just returned from a ten day honeymoon at the Towe Isle hotel. We spent a lot of time reviewing hotels before decding where to spend our honeymoon. We found a variety of reviews but most were superb so we decided to go with them and book this hotel.
If you are expecting a vibrant hotel with lots of night life then book elsewhere.
If you are expecting a luxury hotel with peace and quiet, excellent facilites and great staff then book here.
The service from arrival to departure is second to none. The room was large (yes it did smell very slightly of damp on arrival, but it has air con on non stop and people leave patio doors open) we had a sea view and it is really worth blagging the free upgrade if possible, if not then pay for it. the room is very clean and the maid calls daily and completes to high standard.
Each room has a mini bar and onarrival they ask what drinks you want in your bar, we asked for normal soft drinks and some whisky, they they brouhgt the drinks and a full litre sized bottle of whisky, they dont do miniatures. they also will provide champagne or any spirits you request.
the hotel has 4 restaurants and they are all excellent in both service and quality. All food is served via menus and the quality is certainly 5star all round.
The bars are also excellent all all serve named alcohol, no second rate drinks here. The bar staff are all extremely helpful and you will not have an empty glass for long here.
The swimming pools are all clean daily and well maintained. The sun beds are plentiful and the most comfortable we have found. Clean towels are provided daily so no need to take your own.
The beach had been hit recently by a hurricane and they have worked hard to get it back to normal, the sand is golden and soft and the water clear and safe to swim. Water sports are free and arranged daily at your leisure.
I could write for hours about how good this hotel is, and we are very fussy. so ignore all the bad reviews and book this hotel. If you would like to ask any questions direct to me please feel free to contact me on mark.lovell123@hotmail.com
Basically this is described as a 5star hotel, i can summarise this easily as:
For the caribbean this is easily the best we have found and the service food and facilities ar 5 start. If you compare against hotels in Vegas, london or New york then it would be 4 star at best but remember where you are going.
Book and enjoy
Mark and Lisa

Room Tip: Sea view is a must
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at Couples, and it was the best time of our lives! We also endured Hurricane Sandy, and the staff did an incredible job during and after the storm! I probably read TripAdvisor for over a year leading up to our trip, and all of the reviews are pretty spot on. As other reviews have said, the service and food at CTI are the best I have ever experienced. Not only are all of the workers always cheerful, but they go out of their way to help you in any way they can. 8 Rivers is definitely a fine dining experience, but I was also extremely impressed with Bayside and the breakfast/lunch/dinner buffets at the Patio Restaurant were all amazing (there is nothing better than being able to make your own Bloody Mary or Mimosa each morning). We stayed in a Ocean Jr. Suite, located right in front of the main pool. The room itself was great and I specifically chose it because it had a jacuzzi tub and shower. The only down side was that we were on the second level and had a palm tree right in front of our balcony that obstructed our view of the water. The other downside was that the main pool is the loudest area. If I could do it again, I would pay the extra money for the one bedroom ocean suite so that we could be further from the main pool, and have a better view. Because of the hurricane, we were not able to do any of the water sports or cruises, but we did go to Dunns River Falls which was very fun! I had read in other reviews that the Market you have to go thru to get back to the bus is crazy, so a group of us just stayed together and speed walked thru everything with our heads down not making eye contact, and no one bothered us. As other reviews have mentioned, this resort does not have crazy night life but after a whole day of sun, and eating and drinking non stop, I was not wanting to stay up until 4 in the morning anyways. We are both 30, and we enjoyed the entertainment they brought in (Steel Drums were the best ever!), and were happy to enjoy sitting on the beach with a drink each night. We also got a couples massage, and it was amazing! In conclusion, I highly highly recommend CTI. I also recommend that before going, you read as many TripAdvisor reviews of CTI as possible, because the tips that I read on other reviews were accurate and helped me prepare for our trip and know what to expect. Thank you for the greatest week ever CTI...we will be back!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a great all inclusive resort. The staff is very friendly and helpful. While we were there hurricane Sandy decided to join us in the middle of our stay. The folks at the resort went over and above the call of duty keeping everyone safe, comfortable and entertained. The entire place is covered by a backup generator so they never missed a beat. A/C kept working and the food and drinks kept coming. Look at it this way… If they were able to provide this level of service during a hurricane such as Sandy, imagine what they can do on a sunny day!

Also we found out Couples Resorts established the Issa Trust Foundation which is a nonprofit organization which provides health and education services to the people of Jamaica. So the way we looked at it was if we can go on vacation and roundaboutly help people, it’s a win win situation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Couples Tower Isle? Share your experiences!