OVERALL: My husband and I stayed here in April 2012. The first thing that attracted me to this resort was the fact that it is adults only. This means that the entertainment and entire setting is geared toward couples and romanticizing, if that's a word. I've stayed at various places in the Caribbean on the same scale as this hotel, and this was my FAVORITE hotel and vacation!
ARRIVAL: The Jamaican people are like no other. So friendly, welcoming and genuinely just want you to relax and enjoy yourself. That is apparent right when you get off of the airplane in Montego Bay. It was very easy to find the Couples lounge in the airport and enjoy a free Red Stripe or soft drink while waiting for your shuttle to take you to your hotel. We didn't even get the chance to sit down - we grabbed our beers and got right on the shuttle. They took our bags for us, turned on some nice Reggae music in the air conditioned, comfortable shuttle and it was about an hour and 45 minute drive to Tower Isle. The driving can get scary sometimes (passing people with oncoming traffic coming very close) but not much scarier than the driving gets at home in Detroit. When you arrive at the resort, you are immediately greeted with a drink (ALL soooo good, by the way), and a cool washcloth.
FOOD: When other reviewers say the food here is amazing, they aren't kidding. I love trying different types of foods and I was amazed by the quality and taste of everything we had. Be sure to get the steak in Eight Rivers - it was to die for. The smoothie/snack bar on the beach is a nice touch when you are out in the sun and don't want to go inside yet - fresh mango, sugar cane, granola bars, hommus, sweet potato chips... and all are fantastic. The Monday night beach BBQ is awesome. They work so hard to put on this event - chairs and tables and the buffet all on the beach. Even the Patio buffet was very good for breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner (if you don't have reservations at the restaurants that require them) - many choices and every night starting at 7pm, there is a live band playing soothing music.
POOL/BEACH: We spent the majority of the time either on the beach or in the more quiet pool that did not have a bar which tends to get a little loud during the day. We loved that since this resort is adults only, the pools and hottubs are all open 24/7.
ROOM: We booked this room with a great deal on Priceline so I feel like we got a smaller room in not such a great location. We were right near the elevator so it would get quite loud in the morning when housekeeping was working and sometimes socializing loudly in the hallway. I wish the staff would be a little bit more quiet. We did eventually ask for a new room which they happily accommodated for us and the last few nights we were able to sleep better. This one seemed bigger and was away from the elevator. Try to stay in the middle of a hallway if you can (away from the elevator and stairs on the other side). Loved the walk-in closets and the large balconies from which you can see Tower Isle and the vastness of the Caribbean. Bed and linens were very comfortable, better than most hotels I've stayed at. Also loved the cool, chic, relaxed atmosphere around and in the resort.
ENTERTAINMENT: Keep in mind that my hubby and I are usually tired and in bed by midnight or so - but it seemed like people were still out and about at this time if you like to stay up later. We highly enjoyed the steel drum band, Leonardo Carmichael who sang almost every night, the Jamaican dancers, Martini night, the piano bar, karaoke, etc. Again, all so much better since you don't have to have any entertainment geared toward children.
MERCHANDISE: One of the nights, vendors came and stayed around the pool area with different Jamaican souvenirs you can buy. We bought a few hand-made wooden souvenirs and then I compared them to the prices at the airport before going home. The airport souvenirs seemed to be of the same quality, but were more expensive than the vendors at the resort. So take advantage of that when they come.
There were a few times where we needed something that we forgot to bring. The resort has anything you'd need.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, BookIt.com, Otel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios