“3rd time and it just keeps getting better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Couples Tower Isle

You added Couples Tower Isle to your Saves list
Couples Tower Isle
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   St. Mary, Ocho Rios, Jamaica (Formerly Couples Ocho Rio)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Coplay, Pennsylvania
“3rd time and it just keeps getting better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

As stated this was our 3rd time to Couples in just 13 months. With each trip the staff and hotel in general just get better and better. This trip came with the experience of a lifetime. The resort now offers "Private Island Dining". There is an extra cost of $240 but I promise you it will be the best money you ever spent. Imagine have dinner with your spouse on your own island! The service, food and ambiance is unmatched and this speaks volumes because we have eaten all over the world. Thank you CTI for a truly remarkable evening.
As far as the rest of the trip: the hotel was immaculate as always. The staff goes out of their way to accomodate and the beaches/Island are just perfect. If you enjoy going au naturel or always wanted to try it, the Island at CTI is perfect for the 1st timer or the veteran. You can have total seclusion on one side or party it up in the pool on the other.
If there is a negative to the hotel it would be the distance from the airport. It's roughly 1 hour and 40 minutes by bus. Our last 2 trips we took a small plane from Mon Bay airport to Boscobel Airport ( 8 mins from CTI) and we highly reccomend it. It's the perfect way to see the beauty of Jamaica and it saves a long bus ride.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, it's worth it for the ocean view
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

My fiance and I spent 6 nights at CTI in August 2011...she has dubbed it our "mini-moon." We both travel 2+ weeks a month for a business so we are seasoned travelers. I spend 8-10 nights a month in 3.5-4 star hotels (Hilton, Hyatt, Westin)...so when I go on vacation I dont want the same ole Hilton experience...I want to be wowed...and I am willing to pay for it. This was our first all-inclusive resort experience...probably our last.

After landing in Montego Bay you are ushered into the Couples airport “lounge”…Lounge is a stretch…it is on par with your hometown municipal golf course’s 19th hole. I am not going to go into great detail about the deficiencies...

CTI is not terrible…If you are satisfied vacationing at a resort that is on par with the Daytona Beach/Myrtle Beach Holiday Inn then you won’t be disappointed…we were expecting much more.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Finally getting around to post a review of the great wedding I had at Couple Tower Island. This is a great resort and everyone in our party had a great time. The pools were fantastic and we spent many hours at the pool with the swim up bar. All of the rooms that are on the ocean side are great, with a fantastic view from our balcony. The wedding was right on the beach and was perfect. We had our reception at one of the restaurants that overlooked the ocean and was amazing. Also recommend going to Dunns River Falls for a trip of a lifetime. All around great time. Jamaica is our favorite destination and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The oceanfront rooms and the end of the resort are the best. The other side is closer to the restau...
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This hotel i will always remember, cause i got married here. Its such a beautiful pleace with the most friendliest staff. I want to say a big Thank you to Shanique Dacosta from the entertainment department. She went out of her way to ensure our stay was great. She new alot about her parish went to get us drink even when we didnt want it. The food was great i would recommend this resort to everyone. The food was sooooo good, sevice and everything. The staff who stood out are; Shanique Dacosta(ENT) Davian(Dinning Rm) Own(dinning) and so many more, Thank u Couples for making our stay great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Very nice stay at this resort. my husband - the skeptical-want-to-know-everything-before-we-get-there type, enjoyed his visit to the country and this resort - so much so that we are planning to come back this year for our first honeymoon.

It started out when we realized that we could have a free wedding just by staying for three nights, and conversing with the wedding planner, Latoya, we went for it. She was extremely helpful and pleasant, even when conversing with her overseas.
Because my six year old niece was going to be present, we had the wedding on the front lawn of the resort - lovely location that my hubby picked for us. Did our wonderful complimentary couples massage on the morning of the wedding and by the time we were done, they were setting up for our ceremony and cake and champagne reception area. VERY BEAUTIFUL!

Then, because it's an All-Inclusive resort, they made a reservation at the "fancy restaurant" for us and after the cake and champagne, we all had dinner there at the restaurant. It was lovely. The even went above and beyond to accommodate my niece so that she wouldn't even have been visible to the other guests - this is a NO KIDS resort.

Our first assigned room had a huge palm tree blocking oru view of the ocean, after requesting a change, this was honored with a "no problem" attitude, and we were very satisfied with the new room.
The rest of our stay was just as wonderful. No complaints. Enjoyed the beach, getting drinks whenever we wanted, the dawn snorkeling excursion, dunns river falls. it's nice not having to think about paying for anything else once you get there - we all hate those "nickel and dime-ing" places. That doesn't happen here.
Try all the food offered, and just chilax.

I was a bit dissapointed that when I did want to use the internet at the internet cafe - none of the computers were able to connect that that time, but I was only disappointed for half a second - as there were other things to do.
Room decorations were minimal, but attractive - white walls could have used some warming up though.
-Beds were comfy
- no bugs in room
- AC worked well
- room kept clean and turned down nightly
- bus trip from Mont ego bay airport 1.5 - 2 hours, but enjoyable
cant remember any other negatives right now - if there were any, we didn't dwell on them.
go - enjoy - relax

Room Tip: get an ocean view room - beautiful
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I went there for our Honeymoon and LOVED IT!!! The food was amazing, and the service was top notch!!! The workers new our names after the first night!! The alcohol selection was endless and the cups were bottomless. By the middle of the week if you were tired of what you have been drinking, just ask them for something new and it will be good!! Make sure you go when there is lobster night. It is very good!! It has almost been a year and I am still talking about this being the best trip ever!!! I will never go on a cruise again. This is by far the best for your money!! Everything is included, Dunns River Falls, Horseback riding, snorkeling, scuba diving and many more!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed here in march 2011 and the service was good. The room was huge and very clean. the bed was very comfortable, the water was clean to drink, hot in the shower with good water pressure. Our room was in a 3 story bldg over looking the pool and a view of the ocean and "clothing optional" island, although nothing could be seen from land. Upon landing at 930am and clearing the jamaican customs area, we found the waiting area for people vacationing at one of the 4 couples resorts. It was a tastefully decorated room with beautiful pastel flowery colors and comfortable seating. They offered us a beverage of water, beer or soda and we took a few pictures and only waited about 30 minutes before we departed for the 75 min drive to ocho rios. I had been to Jamaica 3 times and it was the first time for my spouse. we enjoyed the short 75 minute ride to the resort traveling through small towns in the countryside. Upon arriving at the resort we could see the grounds were beautiful with much tropical flora. we were given a cool towel and any drink that we wanted. I chose a pina colada and my spouse had one too. although it was only 1pm, we were taken right to our room. there were various places to enjoy meals all through the day and the food was so good in the main restaurant served buffet style that we just stayed with that, plus it was close to our room. since we were only there for 3 nights, we had just 2 full days to enjoy the resort. we did the dunns river falls the first day and boy is that water cold in march, the second day we went horse back riding and shopping downtown and then took the catamaran cruise around the cruise port area. over all it was a wonderful vacation in a nice resort. With that said, our first day there while we were down doing the "orientation tour" of the property at 5pm, my credit card disappeared from my locked hotel room. the passports were not touched, the lap top was not touched and nothing else was touched the remainder of our 3 night stay. we were only at the resort for 4 hours when the card disappeared and my spouse noticed it right away when we returned from our "orientation tour" yet I was so exhausted from our flight that I did not report it to management until the following morning at 6am. The on duty manager and another staff member came to our room and in a very professional manner started asking me questions typical of when I last had used the card. they searched our room and then told us we could get a copy of the "report" they were going to write at the front desk later. I tried for the remaining 48 hrs of our trip to get this so called copy of the report they said I could have to no avail. If they had just stayed true to their word and provided us the report, we could have put the whole matter behind us and enjoyed our vacation BUT they didn't. In fact they started to turn the tables on us by insinuating that it was some how our fault that we were the VICTIMS of a theft from a locked room. every time I asked for this copy of the report, they would tell me that i needed to speak to this person or that person and they were off that day so I told them that the property is not that big and someone who is currently working could provide me the copy but all I got was more lies from the staff and more diversionary tactics. The truth is that theft happens, it happens everywhere in the world. The victim of a crime be it theft or anything else is NEVER to be blamed. I do not like being told that I am at fault that someone used a a device to open my locked hotel door, snoop through my stuff and steal my credit card. the way the management continued to lie to me about the so called report was disgusting !!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Couples Tower Isle? Share your experiences!