“Incredible people and top notch food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Couples Tower Isle

You added Couples Tower Isle to your Saves list
Couples Tower Isle
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   St. Mary, Ocho Rios, Jamaica (Formerly Couples Ocho Rio)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Ramsey, Minnesota
“Incredible people and top notch food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

We stayed at Couples Tower Isle towards the end of April. The week prior, my dad had passed away unexpectedly; so I wasn't sure how much fun I would have, but I was pleasantly surprised that between the staff and the wonderful "vibe", I was actually able to focus on relaxation. I have tons of food allergies and this was the easiest vacation ever for me to eat without worry - ingredients were almost always clearly marked, and if I had doubts the servers were always willing to find the "right" answer. This is a smaller resort, so you get to know a lot of the staff when you stay for a week. They are the hardest-working people ever, but most notably they are all HAPPY to be there!

My husband and I decided to try "the island." We've never done anything like that before, but to our surprise it really wasn't any big deal. Everyone except the bartender is naked, so all are on even footing! If you want to try this, do it your first day or two. We are glad we did it our second day, because we ended up out there every day for the rest of the trip! The island is truly beautiful, and it is appropriate that it is a nude beach because you feel connected to the ocean and nature. Ages at the resort ranged from late twenties to sixties. My understanding is that this resort tends to be more diverse that way as compared to Sans Soucci. There are TONS of activities included with your stay. We were perfectly content to hang out at the island every day, but we heard Dunns River Falls was a good experience and the snorkelers and divers seemed happy also.

In spite of my sadness, this was still our BEST VACATION EVER. The people had a lot to do with this. Special thanks to "Captain Jack Sparrow", our driver to the island. Also thank you to the wonderful front desk staff who upgraded us to a Villa. That was quite a treat!

Room Tip: Ocean fronts are nice
Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

This was the first trip to Jamaica that my husband and I, and both my aunt and uncle took. I wouldn't change a thing. Couples Tower Isle was more then we all expected. If you didn't want to stay in the sun on a lounge chair you could do all the watersports that you could possibly think of, or take an excursion to Dunns Falls. The rooms were beautiful and the food and employees were wonderful. The one thing I would change would be to stay longer. This is a place to go to forget all your troubles. From stepping out of the airplane in Montego Bay, to the ride to the hotel, to checking in, to relaxing for a week, all was terrific. I want to go back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Garden rooms are beautiful too.
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

Best vacation ever. Everything was top notch. Relaxing, full, no worries. The staff at this resort made our experience wonderful. My husand and I plan on going back for our 10th anniversary.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

My husband and I just returned from our first visit to Jamaica and Couples Tower Isle and I can honestly say that our vacation was pretty perfect! I spent a lot of time reading reviews on Trip Advisor and other websites before deciding on CTI and we were very pleased with our decision. We will definitely be back!

Check-in was the easiest I have ever experienced at a hotel. Because you are on a Couples shuttle from the Montego Bay airport, they are already waiting for you to arrive. I was checked-in with my room key in hand in under 10 minutes.

CTI has all the perks and amenities of some of the larger resorts while remaining small and intimate. They are located on a cove (not sure if that's the correct term) and while there you feel like you have your own private ocean. You don't see any other resorts, vendors etc. The smaller size allows you to get from place to place quickly and you run into the same guests over and over again. We didn't go on vacation looking to make friends but we met several couples that we will remain in contact with.

The staff is great. All of the reviews about this are not an exaggeration. Everywhere we went we heard "Yeah Mon" or "No Problem Mon." They remembered your names, what you drank, and always took a minute to chat. It became a running joke between my husband and I at the buffet that you couldn't drink more than half of the water in your glass before there was someone there refilling it.

The food was good everywhere. I especially enjoyed Eight Rivers, the upscale sit-down restaurant. If you get Sean Thomas for your waiter make sure you ask him for a "Cops and Robbers" to drink. My picky eater husband preferred the almost always available standbys at the Pool Grill (burgers, chicken, etc.) The breakfast buffet was also great.

Drinks were plentiful and we never had to wait more than a moment or two to get them. I enjoyed all sorts of tropical concoctions and especially liked watching the bartenders make my Banana Daiquiris with fresh fruit. My husband is a beer drinker and had his choice of Red Stripe, Red Stripe Light, Guinness, Miller Light, and Heineken. There are all different types of liquors available - we never asked for anything they didn't have.

We spent the majority of our time at the pool with the swim-up bar. Finding chairs, floats, or towels was never and issue. It was easy to move out to the beach for an afternoon nap under the shade and not have to worry about finding a place to sit or losing a place at the pool.

The included excursions are a nice perk. Don't skip Dunn River Falls. You are only gone from the resort for about 2 hours and it's a great time. Bring a disposable waterproof camera with you and the guides will take your pictures under the falls. The included Catamaran Cruise was a lot of fun as well. We saw dolphins swimming right aside our boat and got to jump off and swim in the middle of the ocean. We also snorkeled, played beach volleyball, and spent more than one late night at the Piano Bar.

You will not regret choosing this resort. My only warning would be to those looking for a large beach or long walks on the sand. The beach area is not large, but it is very well maintained and beautiful. The size didn't bother us at all.

Woodbridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Couples Tower Isle. We have been fortunate to travel to many all inclusive destinations and this resort rates among the best. All levels of service were impeccable...everyone from housekeeping to dining room staff to management were friendly and very well trained. We went on many of the included activities: Dunn's River Falls, Catamaran cruises, horseback riding at a plantation--these would have been additional charges at most other resorts. The beach was clean and bar staff quickly returned with our ordered drinks. We never had a problem getting into a restaurant or getting seated at the buffet..plus the food was delicious ( and coming from the NYC area, that means alot!). The beach and pool area were pleasantly quiet. And, the guest exercise instructors added to the cardio offerings: spinning, bootcamp and pilates. Everything is right at Couples Tower Isle...we will be back!

Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

We had a wonderful stay at the Tower Isle ... the arrival went smoothly with the airport transfer, though the porters can be rather pushy. Be sure to have a few bucks in your pocket if you want to avoid grumpy comments...
The resort was gorgeous and had a refreshingly unique art deco decor - it was classy and understated. The dining options are plentifull and the food quality is vastly superior to any other all inclusive. The Tower Isle server staff are professional, attentive and efficient - we were impressed with Sean, Adonis, Owen, Marvet and Sheveon just to mention a few.
We enjoyed the huge range of included activities, as well as the beach - it's rather small but clean, quiet and beautiful. The Tower island is worth the trip if you want even more seclusion and tranquility.
Nice surprises were: the quality of the wine, the reasonable prices for incidentals, the warm and courteous staff and the quiet -- you don't get the impression of being in a hustle and bustle busy resort despite the size of having about 400 guests.
Areas for improvement would include the lack of separate smoking areas outdoors (there didn't appear to be too many smokers but on occasion it was bothersome to have smoke nearby at the beach or pools), noisy hallways (problem should be addressed in orientation sessions). The Dunns Falls excursion is definitely worth doing; however, the information provided in the hotel information was inadequate -- guests should be advised to wear swim gear, not just bring it along and wear watershoes as you get totally soaked during the outing. Would be a good idea to plan for tip money for the guides at the Falls (since you leave your bags in the bus) and watch for more pushy and rude vendors at the souvenir area onsite.
All in all, a very good trip at a wonderful resort.

Room Tip: Try for ocean view
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

Our first time to Jamacia and we had a great time.Couples tower isle was a verry good choice.From the time we arrived to the time we came back to work!! Because we truely felt like Jamacia was home and we came back to the USA just to work and save money to go back HOME That was what they told me at the resort on our last day. The people were so nice and helpful. The activities were endless and verry entertaining. and most of them were free thanks to Couples Tower Isle. The food was verry good and never had to wait to eat! The room was absolutly georgeous. We even had a garden view. Might have been nicer on the ocean side, but our room was so close to everything. Our room was also directly above the lobby and was verry quiet even with vans and busses that took you to whatever you needed. As for needing anything, you don't need anything. the water there was safe to drink and the beach was great. As far as the nude island, don't worry that was the only place where they were allowed to be nude. And the island was a verry close boat ride and we at the resort could see nothing unless you took binoculars. I can't say enough about the whole staff. From the Entertainment, the chefs, the wait staff , the bartenders, the activities people, the greeters, the housekeepers, even those selling homemade items on resort, were all so professional,helpful and polite. The only downfall of the entire trip was arriving and departing on a Saturday (nightmare) The bussiest time to go there.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Couples Tower Isle? Share your experiences!