We stayed at Couples Tower Isle towards the end of April. The week prior, my dad had passed away unexpectedly; so I wasn't sure how much fun I would have, but I was pleasantly surprised that between the staff and the wonderful "vibe", I was actually able to focus on relaxation. I have tons of food allergies and this was the easiest vacation ever for me to eat without worry - ingredients were almost always clearly marked, and if I had doubts the servers were always willing to find the "right" answer. This is a smaller resort, so you get to know a lot of the staff when you stay for a week. They are the hardest-working people ever, but most notably they are all HAPPY to be there!
My husband and I decided to try "the island." We've never done anything like that before, but to our surprise it really wasn't any big deal. Everyone except the bartender is naked, so all are on even footing! If you want to try this, do it your first day or two. We are glad we did it our second day, because we ended up out there every day for the rest of the trip! The island is truly beautiful, and it is appropriate that it is a nude beach because you feel connected to the ocean and nature. Ages at the resort ranged from late twenties to sixties. My understanding is that this resort tends to be more diverse that way as compared to Sans Soucci. There are TONS of activities included with your stay. We were perfectly content to hang out at the island every day, but we heard Dunns River Falls was a good experience and the snorkelers and divers seemed happy also.
In spite of my sadness, this was still our BEST VACATION EVER. The people had a lot to do with this. Special thanks to "Captain Jack Sparrow", our driver to the island. Also thank you to the wonderful front desk staff who upgraded us to a Villa. That was quite a treat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios