“You must go” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Jamaican
Ottawa, Canada
“You must go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just got back from Ochie and I cant tell you how good this resteraunt is.The tacos were so good we went back 3 times. Really a Jamaican version and is so much better,
It is a little small place with a great owner and food CHEAP!!! Tacos for 2 with drinks for 15 dollars and believe me you will go back .The food is that good.
Make it a must try if you are going to Ocho Rios.You will love it`

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
Calmspot, WI
“Blue Cantina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

A cool and shady spot for lunch or dinner with a traditional, warm, Jamaican welcome from Cecile. She goes out of her way to accomodate personal preferences and serves Jamaican tacos that rival any other nations. It's inexpensive and delicious. We've been going back for 15+ years and never tire of the food or hospitality.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Monroe, New York
“A Great Discovery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

The entrance to the Blue Cantina Restaurant is actually tucked right around the corner on James Avenue, just off of Main Street. James Ave is a horseshoe street, so it has two entrances. You want the one closest to the Catholic Church and Mahogany Beach. The restaurant is a hidden gem, with a quiet ambiance. The food is excellent. I became addicted to their vegetarian tacos. One is a meal in itself, stuffed with Jamaican rice and beans, breadfruit, veggies and cheese, with a delicious taco wrap made right there. My friend had the Jamaican style chicken one evening and said it was also great. We had dinner twice in the restaurant, but then asked Cecil, the owner, if it was possible to pick up tacos in the morning so we could take them on our day excursion. She very kindly accommodated our request. We arrived at 9am with our small collapsible cooler. She had foil-wrapped tacos ready for us with fork and napkin, made to order and still warm. I decided I also wanted one to take on the flight home with me, so the day I departed, I made one last visit to the Blue Cantina and Cecil had it ready. And it was wonderful on the plane to enjoy one last taste of Jamaica.

• Visited December 2011