Just returned from a week at Couples Sans Souci (Sept 20 – 27). We have stayed at the resort in 2005 before it was a Couples brand resort and found the property to be much the same. We arrived a little late into MoBay but we were the first ones through immigration and we only waited a minute or 2 for our checked bag. We headed to the Couples lounge and were told that we could leave right now or use the bathroom and get a beer and catch the next shuttle. We opted to jump on the shuttle and after a smooth one hour and fifteen minute ride we were at Couples Sans Souci less than 2 hours after landing. We had been assigned to the D block but requested a G block room in the cliffs – no problem they had us changed out and to our room. Before we followed the bellman to our room we were able to stop and make dinner reservations for the first part of the week.
Our room (G13) was huge and very clean. We had a great view of the cliffs and could hear the waves crashing from our balcony. Room service was always very prompt – usually within 20 minutes. The one exception was the only afternoon it rained while we were there. We decided to order room service instead of braving the rain for dinner. It took about 45 minutes but we did not feel that was unreasonable given the demand because of the rain. Dinner on the room service menu was just as good as the food we had in the restaurants. The mini bar was restocked every day with the basics and maid service came twice a day without fail. Maintenance was also very prompt. Our first day we noticed the refrigerator stopped working. We called before we went to dinner and when we came back we had a new fridge.
The grounds were just as beautiful as we remembered – very green and lush and full of secluded spots to getaway. The beach is fine – not the prettiest I have every seen but the seclusion more than makes up for it. The beach is in a bay so when you are on the beach you cannot see any other resorts or homes so you feel as though you are in your own private world. There are lots of steps – I work out regularly and they did not bother me at all. I suppose if you are really out of shape they might but I really did not think it was an issue. I did bring strap on style beach shoes instead of flip flops to lessen the chances of tripping and that worked out fine.
The food was always very good. We ate every where at least once. Our favorite was jerk chicken for lunch at the beach grill and Cassanova on the terrace at night. I did not realize you would have to cover your top to eat at the breakfast and lunch buffets – last time we were there you only had to have a cover up on bottom. I would have packed differently if I had known – luckily we were given repeaters t-shirts and I just wore that every day.
We had 2 massages in the huts on the cliffs. I was worried since there was a promotion that involved spa credits but we had no problem booking our 2 massages. It depends on who you get of course my husband and I both agreed our second massage was better than the first.
The guys in the scuba shop were a little slow to warm up to you but once they got to know you they were great. We dove everyday and went on the early morning and late morning dive another day. The sign on the shop said there is a 2 tank dive on Saturday but they don’t seem to be doing that any more – never did get a good explanation about that. They let us store our dive gear in the shop for the week so we did not have to walk back to our room everyday.
We used the Trading Places program and went to visit the newly remodeled Tower Isle Resort which was about 5 minutes away. The resort was very beautiful but we found we liked Sans Souci so much we came back after a few hours instead of spending the day there.
All in all we had a very nice and relaxing trip. This is the first time we have every been back to the same resort and I would not hesitate to return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Despegar.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios