We spent 4 nights at Couples San Souci at the end of March for a break from the snow. This was our first time at the resort, but had stayed at both Couples Negril and Couples Swept Away. We booked one of the A block rooms, which is an One Bedroom, Beach Front Suite. Check-in was smooth and quick and we were in our room and on the beach within 20 minutes. Our room was located midway between the regular beach and the au natural beach, which was very convenient. The resort isn't that big, so it is quite quaint and very picturesque.
The food was pretty good considering its an all inclusive, but we did think that CSS's food was superior to the others. The breakfast buffet was good, as was dinner at the other restaurants. We booked a private dinner at the Wedding Gazebo and it was a lot of fun and service was spectacular. The food was very, very good as well. I do recommend booking your restaurants with the concierge before arrival because many are all booked up in advance to arrival. We did this, but unfortunately, none were on record (save your emails) and they quickly fixed the problems. Same was true for our spa visit, but again, fixed without any issues. Just double check upon arrival to be sure. All in all, we thought that the service at Ocho Rios was a lot friendlier than at the other resorts so well done.
Beaches - The regular beach and pool were nice, but the Au Natural beach was a lot of fun. The swim up bar and lunch buffet was better there than at the regular beach and in general, just a lot more fun. Liquid courage helps, but after 5 minutes, its not an issue. Plus, this is not a clothing optional beach, its an au natural beach so just be prepared. The beach is a little more rocky on this side and because one of the river deltas are through it, we thought it was a bit colder, but still very nice.
In general, it was really a lot of fun and the best couples resort we have stayed at. we will return again and hopefully the beach bar construction is finalized.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios