We travelled to Ocho Rios, Jamaica Feb 1 - 8th. Spent 4 nights at Couples Tower Isle and 3 nights at Couples San Souci.
Who are we? We have travelled extensively. We seek out quiet, peaceful nature escapes, secluded beaches, clean air and good food. Running, cycling, hiking, tennis, swimming, snorkeling in beautiful surroundings is an important part of any vacation we go on. We're not 'drinkers', but do enjoy a good quality beer / cocktail with a meal after a long day of fitness activities.
San souci satifsifed a lot of what we look for.
Dining experience - The food was exceptionally good. Lobster was only available only once a week - but was the best I've ever had. Prime rib - will be dreaming of it for many months to come. The variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, and entres at the buffet lunches was just right. There were only 2 options for beer, and the wine - red or white..... There were some wines available at an added cost - if that interests you. The one NEGATIVE about the dining experience was the gala night - that was your only option for food - and it was accompanied by a very loud reggae band. Good music. Amazing food. But we prefer quiet beach side dining experiences. One evening had an unplugged musician with a guitar at dinner which was very nice. Most resorts separate the 'party' atmosphere with loud live entertainment - from the quiet romantic atmosphere. you did not have a choice on gala night. The Cassanova 'a la cart' restaurant was incredible - wonderful views. It had a piano inside but did not see anyone playing it. We sat on the patio. Unfortunately a very loud live band came on at the bar below at around 9 pm - again, great reggae music - but my idea of a quiet romantic dinner. Would much prefer just listening to the sounds of the ocean.
The rooms - We were in an ocean view room, main floor (would suggest top floor 3rd). We were in A block - overlooking the pool bar.... Perhaps the blocks near the spa would be a better choice - further from the beach, but certainly quieter. Certainly not a 5 star resort, but the rooms were clean and well maintained and a good size. Again, the only NEGATIVE would be the noise of the nightly entertainment, we tend to go to bed early :) And wake up early. Would prefer a peaceful ambience in the room in the evenings. Instead you will have to enjoy a very loud band - from the beach on gala night, and from the bar on other nights. They finish fairly early ? 11 or 12 pm? (Not sure because we are always in bed well before that time),
Activities - There was decent snorkeling right off the beach - with a small reef a short swim from shore. Also very safe in this area with very little boat traffic, no jet skis, and only the occasional hobby cat. Tennis courts were close to a major road - but depending on the wind direction you could hear the traffic, but not breath the exhaust. Nice views around the courts with a large pond on one side, a many tall trees. I heard the tennis lessons were excellent. There were bikes on the resort that you could take around a short jogging track around the pond. Beautiful scenery all around. Hobby cats available, as well as lessons. Twice a day snorkeling excursions by boat are a must. Dunns river falls, also worth spending a morning at, but a bit of tourist zoo. Reggae beach 5 minutes away by car is also a nice way to escape the crowds at the resort but costs 10 dollars to get in.
The resort- What I liked the most is it had a small resort feel, spread over a good sized area with many areas you could explore and escape the crowds. Beautiful, natural setting.
Service - The best I've experienced in the caribbean! Genuinely nice! Special thanks to Kamar at water sports for teaching my girlfriend to windsurf and also coming out on a kayak when he noticed that I ventured too far away on my stand up paddle board. It's beautiful along the coast so very tempting to paddle in either direction away from the resort, but they prefer that you stay close.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios