This is a difficult review to write. On one hand, we really enjoyed our vacation. The food at San Souci was delicious. Probably the best of all the all inclusives we've been to (We've been to Sandals, Gran Bahia, and Secrets Excellence on previous trips). The beach is small but very relaxing. Even on the busiest days, we were able to find chairs quickly and the beach never felt very crowded. The mineral pool was very peaceful, and we really enjoyed the sunsets. The rooms are very outdated though, so that is downfall. The main pool, compared to other resorts we stayed at, is on the small side. There are some very friendly staff members there. Fabian the fitness instructor was great. Dwayne the beach bartender kept us entertained for hours with his tricks and games. Kerine and Jason were some of the best wait staff we have ever encountered! If we were allowed to tip, we would have given them a 25% tip without a doubt in our minds. Their service was THAT good!
BUT, here's where it turns to the worst. We had read that the safes in the rooms can easily been broken into. So, I had hidden my IPod, Bose Noise Reduction Headphones, and my cell phone in my dirty laundry bag at the bottom of my suitcase. Nevertheless, it was still stolen. The fact that my personal items were stolen from me despite being hidden away indicates that this resort has a theft problem. They have employees that will go out of their way and rummage through people's personal belongings to find things they can steal. This is a very unsettling feeling to say the least. I feel extremely violated. It's my first day back from vacation and instead of feeling relaxed, I'm upset and angry. It basically ruined my vacation. It's one thing if we left the items out in the open in the room but the fact that they were hidden amongst smelly laundry shows how desperate Couples San Souci employees are willing to go.
I'm not sure if I will go back to Couples Resort or Jamaica in general due to this, but if you do go, please make sure to leave anything valuable at home, or bring a lock for your suitcase to lock your personal items in. OR --- go to another country where theft isn't such a problem. We never had any issues in Dominician Republic, Mexico or St Lucia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios