So, after visiting CSS three times in 1 1/2 years, I feel that maybe it has had better days. For some reason, the first time we visited it was amazing (maybe the wool was pulled over our eyes), 2nd time was more relaxed since we knew all about it and third time I noticed things that I had overlooked the first 2 times. We took my parents so it was the 4 of us. My parents loved it and just fell in love with it. I feel that this time was a little disappointing. Yes, the resort has always needed some remodeling, but this time was worse. The food didn't seem as good. The NYE buffet was crowded and made me only get 1 plate of food and 1 plate of dessert. The dessert for the NYE buffet was great, food was okay. I feel that the staff 'makes' the resort for us. They are the reason we have been 3 times. Nickoy at Charlie's Bar is great, Deon was a funny and great waitress, Sasha and Lingini (Leightonette) are great entertainment coordinators. Nicola is a nice waitress at Casanova. Ruth and Marsha are AWESOME at the Spa. :) We love the staff and they are the reason we return. We really enjoy Maliachi and Derron at the Watersports. They go above and beyond to help us enjoy the water sports and have a great time on our Private Snorkel. (I highly recommend the Private Snorkel!) I feel that they are like family. I would like the food to get better/change. I felt that the menus were the same as when we went in June and last June. I felt that the food at the Beach Grill (nights) was MUCH better than the reservation restaurants (Pallazina, Cassanova). I do like the beach and the ability to always have a lounge chair/float. We love the foliage and views. Maybe some updated menus and new nightly entertainment. Let's shake some stuff up CSS! Then we will return, in the meantime, we will try another Couples resort next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios