“First time but will not be last time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Couples Sans Souci

You added Couples Sans Souci to your Saves list
Couples Sans Souci
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Route A3, St-Mary | PO Box 103, Ocho Rios, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Ohio
“First time but will not be last time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We fell in love with this resort. It is so beautiful with the cliffs overlooking the ocean and all of the spa cabanas up there with such a view and so relaxing. It is a smaller and a little older resort than what we were used to but the rooms were large and clean and the staff is the friendliest I have ever encountered. They knew you by name after the first day. The food was great! We only stayed 4 days as we split time at Tower Isle but I wish we could have stayed at San Souci the entire time. We did the scuba program as we were certified years ago and I had not gone in years. I did the resort course to just get re-aclimated and they were so patient and great with my dive. I will definitely be doing a refresher and get back into diving. For anyone that has never dove before, take advantage of the free resort course and experience the thrill of underwater adventure. The beach is small but private so you do not have to put up with pushy vendors interrupting your peace and quiet. Try this resort and you will not be sorry. The shops at the resort were pretty reasonable and the jewelry store had some really good deals. One note- there is a lot of walking to get to reception area and to different parts of the resort. No problem for us but if you have limitations- you need to evaluate that before coming.

Room Tip: Get the beachfront- close to everything.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (911)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Couples San Souci is a perfect piece of paradise. I'll never forget one day that I was laying on a float in the mineral pool by my new wife, thinking to myself... I have never before had NO care in the world like I do at this moment. That is what this resort does to you. It's beautiful. It's secluded. It's small and yet we met SO many young couples that we really had a lot in common with. Also met and enjoyed drinks with "The View" Host Sherri Shepherd and her husband, who are wonderful people and had nothing but awesome things to say about the resort as well.

Walking around, we couldn't get enough of the beauty of this resort. Every corner features something that literally takes your breath away, between the sea and the trees and the cliffs. We enjoyed exploring little quiet areas where you could literally jump into the ocean and just float. Sure, it may be a little older styled, but that's what adds to its beauty.

The STAFF are incredible. Never did we meet a staff member without a HUGE smile on their face. Melisia in Palazina and Casanova is wonderful. We literally got so close to her that we are going to keep in touch via snail mail. The drinks are awesome. The food is awesome. We enjoyed the smoothie bar daily and loved the addition of ginger to the smoothies. We also enjoyed the water aerobics classes. Dancing was always going on and the crowds were eager participants because of the awesome staff.

We stayed in B block second floor, which was perfect. It was a close walk to everything and we woke every morning to the beautiful ocean. Watersport inclusions were great. We enjoyed snorkeling, Hooves horseback riding, Dunns river, and Margaritaville (it's WILD!) Also, the spa is excellent and is just pure bliss.

We loved this place so much that we were homesick when we got back from the honeymoon. What a dream. Don't miss out on this place.

Room Tip: B Block was great. Close to everything!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

There are few resorts, that one can say, it is truly unlike any other place, and Couples Sans Souci is one such place.
A resort actually built in the cliffs, with it's entire layout perfectly entwined with it's natural sounding. Yes there are stairs and lot's of trees, but without them, this resort would not be so unique.
Also, with it's originality comes exceptional staff members. My husband has mobility issues, and the staff accommodated him to the best of their ability. A van would drive him from our beachfront suite to the top of the resort , at least daily, per his request. Almost every staff member we encountered were great.
Loved the fact that the entertainment was hosted outside next to the Balloon Bar, with a gorgeous view of the ocean. Casino night in this area was great fun. We also spent each morning after breakfast at the pond directly behind our room, loved feeding all the birds and turtles.
Our room was clean, had a nice layout, a great location, wonderful housekeeping staff, large balcony, and a jacuzzi that could fit 2 !
Our meals were all good. Especially liked the fact that for lunch you could eat at the beach grill, on the terrace at Pallazina , or inside with the AC.
At night Casanova's atmosphere could not be beat nor could it's food. Loved eating at Bella Vista also, we always got a table directly on the beach, loved the strolling musicians and the romance of the tiki torches and candles.
Again, dinner at Pallizina was always a treat, with some of the best serving staff.
The beach party and the Friday night gala were both wonderful evenings.
Enjoyed trying the AN beach one day, made us feel very comfortable.
Mineral pool was my favorite spot each morning, and the aqua size instructor was phenomenal, first time I EVER exercised daily on vacation.
Spent my afternoons on the beach, which was never crowded and offered plenty of shade. Both of the swim up bars ( AN and main beach swim up bar) were full of activities and fun. LOVED the entertainment staff. Plenty of scheduled daily activities in both the main beach area and the AN area.
Husband enjoyed sailing in the Hobie Cats, and we took a nice glass bottom boat tour.
The atmosphere at CSS is welcoming and romantic. Hands down the most romantic resort we have ever visited.
As we walked the grounds, I was just waiting to meet James Bond as we walked, it has that kind of atmosphere.
This place could not be built today, and must be experienced to truly understand the degree of it's beauty.
One area for improvement is the smoothies at the mineral pool area. During our trip they had limited supplies to make smoothies, more options would have been nice.
I will definitely return to this resort someday.

Room Tip: Beachfront Suites closest to AN area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dracut, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Third year return August 31 - September 7th was amazing, as usual. We just love this resort for its beauty, friendliness of staff (Raydean, Donnette, Melisia, to name a few), availability of things to do, food, and the fact vacationing here commands relaxation. Life is definitely fast paced and Jamaica, with its people, live it very differently than us. It allows you to step away from the cell phones, computers, telephones, irate commuters, and the list goes on. CSS (Couples Sans Souci) is the caribbean resort to relax your body, mind, and soul. The grounds are lush with leafy plants, palms, and local flowers. Set on a hillside, there are many stairs to climb, but it's an adventure as you find a hidden jacuzzi, a hammock, small table and chairs, here or there so you can stop and enjoy the views, sneak a snuggle, or enjoy a drink and snack. The food has always been delicious, but this year the menu was expanded (including room service menu) and that was a plus. Kudos to CSS chefs! My husband and I prefer to stay in the One Bedroom Beachfront Suites (B or C block). Views are spectacular and you're basically close to all activities. Rooms are lovely, clean, and spacious. You won't be disappointed. My husband and I have considered (only because we can say we've traveled here, here, and here) Couples Barbados next year, but we are not sure we want to step away from our favorite place. Great value for your dollar for sure.

Bakersfield, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our second time here and the fourth for our friends we traveled with, and we had an even better time than the first. When you arrive as a returning visitor you are "Welcomed Home", and it sure feels like it. The food, setting and staff service are all first rate. The entertainment was great. Folks, if you're looking for the whole package for the ultimate island vacation, look no further than this resort. Spa services were wonderful and the entire resort staff are wonderfully warm and welcoming. The grounds, cove and water are simply beautiful. Special Irie for staff members Derron, Bryan, Martin and Sassy. they made our visit truly memorable. All these 5 star reviews are no joke. This is the experience you will enjoy The only sad part was the day we had to leave. Respect Jamaica, you are a magical place.

Room Tip: All the rooms have there own charm and it seems like they are all a little bit different. than the o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Saraland, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This review is actually 3 years late.... My husband and I eloped to this tropical paradise to be wed. It was everything we wanted and needed. The resort was absolutely gorgeous. We would walk around just to look at the pretty flowers and plants...
The rooms were big and comfy... We ordered room service on many lazy afternoons... This week just happened to have a hurricane brewing and was rainy most days but it allowed us to hide out in the rooms until it was over. (Oct 30-nov6) we met some incredible ppl who we invited to witness our wedding. The staff was awesome and never looked miserable. They made our stay so relaxing... We adopted their mantra "no problems mon"...
Our wedding planner was very thorough, the photographer took amazing photos, and the minister was amazing. It was raining really bad on the morning of our wedding day and my hair and makeup lady was late, which upset me... I was crying and stressed bc it was my wedding day... However, I then got this overwhelming feeling of guilt... I was mad bc this poor lady had to travel through this rough weather, through those rough roads, and leave her kids/family at home to cater to my needs... I was very grateful that she finally made it there and glad she was safe... The ceremony was everything I dreamed... The rain held off all the way until we took our last wedding picture...
I enjoyed all the amenities on the resort. We got to ride on the sailboat which was a highlight of our stay. We took the kayaks, hydro bikes, and paddle boats out. There was a volleyball game in the pool which , my hubby partook as I cheered... The restaurants were superb... The breakfast was my fave since I am a morning person and love eating breakfast foods... I got sick one day nothing food related but I think it was my allergies... Or from traveling... But the nurse was very caring, although I did have to purchase ,meds from the gift shop which was expensive but I was sick so didn't care... So bring plenty of meds for anything that might happen...
We kept a drink in hand the whole time... We spent most days on the beach listening to the sounds of paradise... We have been back to Jamaica twice since not to the same resort but we love it here. Two thumbs up... Also, you can bring your own insulated cup to keep your drink cold.

Room Tip: We liked being on the higher floors. Bring your own insulated cup. There's a long ride from The...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Prince Edward Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I, sister and brother in law just visited Sans Souci Aug 31 - Sept 7th and we had a wonderful time. It was our 6th visit and their first. Thanks so much to Pierre and staff for upgrading us to the Hibiscus Cottage. This is one of the reasons that they have so many repeaters - they truly appreciate and reward people who continue to make Sans Souci their top vacatin choice year after year and sometimes more than once per year. The food has actually gotten even better - hard to believe I know but the repeaters dinner was amazing! We always meet such great people when we visit and it makes the vacation even more enjoyable that the resort is set up so that you can be on your own as much as you want or socialiaze as much as you want. The staff is great - yes that is you Ziggy, Andrew, Dalton, Spagetti, Linguine, and many many more. The cottage is wonderful and we will never forget being able to through an island kitchen party in Jamaica! The Spa massages and treatments are as always wonderful - thanks to Joan and all the ladies there. The Cassanova (Milton and Vivian were our servers or should I say entertainers) was excellant as always - the flavours are incredible. A big shout out to a wonderful hard working photographer Cheval - great job on the photos. All I can say is once you go, you know.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Couples Sans Souci? Share your experiences!