We stayed at Couples San Souci for the second time in April 2003. We had a beachfront room in the A building. Our room was A6, and I did not like it as well as the 2nd floor room in the same building 2 years prior. A6 is set back in the building with no view or privacy. The room next and above can actually see in your room from their balcony. We did not ask for a room change, but if we go back and get a room similar to this one I would ask for a room change.
The resort was just as great as we remembered from our last visit. It has such a relaxing atmosphere, and that is what we seek on our spring vacation by ourselves. The staff is as nice and accomodating as anywhere we have been. We had trouble with our room safe one day, and they actually had to drill it open, as it was locked and would not accept any codes or even the master key. It took about 4 hours from start to finish, and we had to stay in the room, as they wanted us there when it finally did open. We did not expect anything for this, as we know things happen beyond anyones control. Clevis from maintenace was such a nice man thru the whole process, and that night he surprised us with a lobster and steak dinner delivered to our room It was such a nice touch, as like I said it was beyond Couples control our safe malfunctioned.
The spa is just amazing!!! We had 3 massages each, and I had a body wrap and facial on our last day. Having a massage on the cliffs with the waves crashing below is paradise!!! The ladies our unbelievable.
My Husband is a super picky eater, and he never complained once about any of his meals at the resort, and believe me that is a major feat in itself to please him!!! He does have a shell fish allergy, and the resort went out of their way to make sure all was well with his food.
Next year we will be going to Couples Swept Away, as we love the beach in Negril, but we will definatley return to Couples San Souci.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Low Cost Holidays and Jetsetter so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios