My wife and I went here for our 20th wedding anniversary.
We booked a Garden view room. Upon arrival we were quickly brought to our room.
Unfortunately we could smell a bit of cigarette smoke. I don’t blame the hotel for this. People are going to smoke even though they are not supposed to and I’m sure the hotel does its best to eliminate the smell.
We went back to the front desk to see about changing rooms. All the Garden View rooms were full. So I asked about an upgrade, and was prepared to pay.
During the conversation the fact that we were there for our anniversary came up.
The reservationist walked away to talk with someone. When she returned she told me they were going to upgrade us to an ocean front suite at no charge.
Fantastic. Couldn’t thank them enough.
Trip was all perfect the rest of the time.
Yes there are some steps, but all the secluded spots make it worth the walk.
The resort itself was very nice. Quiet, relaxing, good food, great beaches.
Never a problem getting drinks or something to eat.
I would highly recommend this resort to couples looking for a vacation away from the giant resorts. I think in 90% of our photos we are the only two on the beach or in the pool (up the steps). Checkout my pictures.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Couples.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.