My wife and I stayed at CSS 1/20-1/27. While we have stayed at Couples (now Couples Tower Isle) several times in the 80’s, this was our first time to a Couples Resort since then. It really was like coming home, beginning with the Couples lounge at the airport. As other reviewers have noted, CSS is scattered over more than 37 acres with a variety of buildings and settings. It reminded us a lot of the Mediterranean. It probably also resembles traditional Jamaica rather than transplanted resorts from elsewhere. No seven miles of beach, but a couple of coves with beaches nestled in between cliffs. An advantage is staying at a resort with plenty of lush vegetation and lots of space to be by yourself, if you so desire. We enjoyed the hot tub near the fresh fruit bar and spa. There are a lot of steps. CSS will provide a van from the upper level to the beach if desired. We stayed in G block which is on the upper level. Our suite was spacious (as in huge) with a gorgeous view of the beach from our verandah. It also had two flat screens and two sets of air conditioning controls. We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast on the verandah. The refrigerator was well stocked, including Red Stripe and promptly restocked as requested. You might want to bring a night light for the bathroom as the light switch is on the outside of the bathroom. This causes a lot of the light in the bedroom when the switch is turned on at night. We saw no signs of insects. The room is a bit dated, but management announced they will be doing a lot of sprucing up this summer, as the economy has improved. They will not be adding any more rooms. Free wifi was available wherever we needed it. The “textile” beach was fine. No need for water shoes. It is shallow so if major league swimming is important then another resort may be in order. We had no problem finding beach chairs. The bars were well stocked with “call liquor”. The staff is amazing! We could not have asked for more, wherever we went. We really enjoyed the food; with the Casanova being a bit better than the Belle Vista; but why quibble. We will definitely come home again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios