I'll start by saying we are both 34 and have traveled to quite a few adults only resorts including Secrets Capri and Sandals Dunn's River, so this isn't our first time traveling. We just returned from a fabulous week at CSS leaving behind our two little girls for the first time.
The bus ride to and from the airport is long. It was an one hour and forty-five minutes on the way to the hotel (with one 15 minute stop) and an hour and a half on the way back to the airport going directly there. The driver heading to the resort was excellent. He pointed out all the interesting things to see and neat little facts about Jamaica. It still felt long though. This is probably the one thing I disliked the most, but I was aware of this before booking our trip.
The resort is the perfect size. Only 150 rooms, so it doesn't feel crowded, and everything is nicely spread out. The rooms are a little dated, but they are a great size and have everything you need. We stayed in block B which was right in front of the ocean and to the side of the pool. Two of the three restaurants were right there as well.
EVERYTHING here is included which was wonderful and we did most of it! Water skiing, scuba diving, glass bottom boat ride, snorkeling, golf, Dunn's River Falls tour, tennis lessons, TIPS, and the list goes on. They had a tennis pro from Florida for the week we stayed there and he was amazing! We did two hour long lessons with Larry. We learned a lot and had so much fun! We worked out most mornings at the gym. It was quite busy first thing in the morning and was sometimes hard to get a piece of cardio equipment to use. The one thing we found odd was that none of the equipment faced the ocean. This is something that could be easily changed and was mentioned by many people.
We thoroughly enjoyed the food at the resort. We ate at Palazzina each morning. I'm not a breakfast fan so I ate the same thing each day, but that didn't get old for me. They had a made to order omelette station, fruits, cheeses, hot food items, cereal, bread, a smoothie bar, and champagne. For the first few days we ate at Bella Vista for lunch, which is right on the beach. We enjoyed our meals there, but ended up eating back at Palazzina the buffet restaurant to get more options. For dinner we enjoyed two nights at Casanova, two at Palazzina, and one at Bella Vista. We never had a bad meal! There are also two gala nights that were very well done as well. We always found the staff super friendly and very quick to fill your coffee cup or wine glass.
We did feel like we were close to the youngest ones there. But, with that being said, we met some of the nicest people that we will stay in contact with. The people who stayed there were very friendly and we had a wonderful stay! We would come back to CSS in a heartbeat, but we do like to try new resorts, so we'll see!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios