As first time visitors to Jamaica, we wanted to be sure we saw a popular highlight and picked Ocho Rios to be close to Dunns River Falls. We chose the Couples resort based on the great TripAdvisor reviews and were prepared to accept the criticisms/concerns with caution. We’re so happy that we selected Couples San Souci, it was truly an amazing vacation for us.
Here are my highlights and suggestions:
• Truly all inclusive: Dunns river tour is included, scuba intro, glass bottom boat, snorkeling, great room service all day long and an excellent offering in restaurants and fine dining
• Small boutique hotel and not crowded. Though we were not always able to find shade, we always had a chair and staff were happy to move chairs for you to shaded areas
• Staff was always helpful and willing to go beyond regular service. At the pasta bar, the chef didn’t have any scotch bonnet pepper and he went out of his way to get some to make our meal and the bartenders were open to creating a new drink when you asked them for a particular ingredient
• The beach party and special 7-year anniversary on January 18th (all other Friday’s they host a Starlight Gala) were phenomenal. The food and entertainment were exceptional! We were told that the Special anniversary party is like what they do on New Years AND is one of the best parties I have been to. As an event planner and party-goer, I’ve been to big bashes but Couples exceeded my expectations!!
• As all the prior reviews have said, I would not recommend this resort for people who have any injuries or disabilities that would prevent them from comfortably walking up/down flights of stairs. For any able-bodied visitors, this shouldn’t be a deterrent since the resort is smaller and there are many beautiful resting spots, hammocks and private areas (hot tub, mini-falls etc) to enjoy along the walkways
• The room we stayed in is a little dated but large since all rooms are suites. Bring your own pillow if you don’t enjoy fluffy large king pillows and try to enjoy a room service meal on the balcony (we had a beachfront B-block room so we watched the ocean as we ate)
• This resort has a mature and romantic vibe. Don’t expect nightly disco/club parties or boozed up patrons, however the resort does offer a visit to Margaritaville on Mondays as part of the package which runs from 11:00-1:00am. Though it’s not a younger crowd, the staff and guests we met were young at heart and made our vacation so enjoyable
Thank you Couples San Souci, we will be back again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios