i visited sans souciJan 2013 I really dont compain about the small things,however i dont understand how this hotel can be rated a 5star hotel.
okay so the ride from the montego bay airport was almost 2hours n dont forget to tip the person carrying your luggage or taking u to the hotel bc they wait for it..not to mention there's a sign in the van saying no to forget to tip the driver.. that's so unprofessional.okay so we arrive at the hotel about 1:30 pm and our room isn't ready..no big deal we were greeted with warm smiles and cold champagne and a cold washcloth(nice touch) we were told we could have lunch n we were not impressed..i wish there were more choices with more authentic Jamaican style dishes(i mean we were in jamacia right!)the staff was attentive at the restaurants always wanting to refill water or coffee however if u wanted anything else u had to get up and get it yourself..the beach was very small and rocky at first until u got deeper( no big deal)..and if you waited for staff to ask if u needed anything to eat or drink while relaxing u could forget it bc it didnt happen..you have to get up and walk to the grill n bar.this was a big deal to me..everyday the spa workers made there way asking if we wanted an over priced massage but no one asked if we needed anything to eat or drink..the room was not bad at all n was kept clean with everything intact. i just thought it was silly that they only gave 2 beers per room and if u wanted more you'd have to call which was about 20 min come on guys when someones on vacation they shouldn't have to keep calling for a beer bc you r only distributing 2 at a time(i didn't like that)if u didn't call u didn't get restocked with anything water,soda, or beer.the food service was good and didn't take long.some of the young adults that worked there weren't always professional,at times i felt they were gawking i mean at a couples resort esp these guys should discipline themselves.if u looking for a place to have lots of fun this isn't it, this is a more laid back resort where most of the guest just want to relax on the beach and read all day.ok so we tried margaritaville this club isn't really a couples place the majority of the crowd are locals very young and single however we enjoyed the DJ..there isn't much for you to do outside the resort on your own nor do i think its safe...A special thanks to guest entertainer lieghonette for being such a sweetheart and trying to make our experience more enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios