Our fourth vacation at San Souci (5th at a Couples resort), and it only keeps getting better. San Souci offers a lush, picturesque setting, a 'European" atmosphere of refined elegance, the best all-inclusive food in the universe (yes, the French management knows from great food), an intimate resort where you can stay private or meet travellers from around the globe. But for us, the staff is leagues above. The training they receive must be incredible, because there is not one person working there in any capacity who doesn't greet you when you pass. Not only are they friendly, but also incredibly helpful...and they will strenously object if you offer to tip.
I've never been to a place that not only gives you unlimited drinks, but actually keeps coming around to ask if you need one.
The management puts an incredible amount of talent and work into every detail--and it shows. This year, they set a theme of Venice Masquerade for New Years. Within a day or two, the resort became transformed...gondolas appeared on the beach, columns with statues sprung up on the main lawn, intricate designs formed gates to welcome you. Entertainment ranged from synchronized swimming to light opera to electrifying reggae and more. Flame-lit balloons soared into the New Year's eve skies. Just incredible.
The staff is eager to make every problem disappear. Flowers on the bed welcome your arrival. Fruit and cheese platters surprise you after a day on the beach. You stock your own mini-bar with a phone call-all included. You can eat in the room all day or visit the many restaurants, each offering a spectacular cuisine...and don't get me started on the desserts!
We cannot wait to go back. We tried other similar places in Jamaica to make sure we weren't missing anything, and spent most of that time saying "nice, but not like San Souci". This is THE place to stay in Jamaica and we hope to do so many times in the near future.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Stentorian NV, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere, Amex, Olotels, Priceline, Couples.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.