Couples San Souci was a different kind of trip for us. We have always chosen much newer, upscale resorts... jokingly they could be called marble palaces. The ones with the huge, posh lobby etc. As many have eluded, Couples San Souci is not that type of resort. Yes it is older, yes the rooms could use an update, but the place has an atmosphere. This is really tough to describe in a review but it is what made this trip incredible. We knew in advance that this resort would be different but wanted to see if it would deliver the romance factor. It did and therefore earned the excellent review.
The grounds and views were absolutely breathtaking and we saw staff continuously performing upkeep to maintain the lush surroundings. Exploring all the hidden spots of the resort was a lot of fun. We liked that we could explore and often have gorgeous areas, hot tubs, etc all to ourselves. We booked a 1 bedroom ocean suite. We specifically wanted a room up in the cliffs. Many prefer the beachfront rooms and not having to navigate the stairs. For us, it was our location in the cliff area that made our trip so romantic and memorable. I feel fairly certain that had we booked the beachfront, I may not have liked the resort that well. I didn't get the same ambiance down there but everyone has different preferences.
Our room was F8 and the location and views were excellent. F8 is above the photo shop and had a great oceanview as well as a view of casanova and the evening entertainment. It also has a large balcony with a double lounger and table with chairs. The room was dated but we felt that the staff did a great job of keeping everything spotless - probably one of the best cleaning staff experiences at an all inclusive in our experience. We loved sitting out on our balcony listening to the evening entertainment. Some may actually find that a problem due to noise but for us, it was awesome and we absolutely loved it! The music is over prior to or at 11pm.
We ate at each of the restaurants and thought that all of them are were very good for both quality and service. Casanova was our favorite. We loved the escargot and also liked the wine choice to have sauvignon blanc rather than chardonnay. We also really liked the jerk chicken at lunch at the beach grill. The sauce was great and better jerk than we have had at some other resorts.
We were there for the new years party and thought couples went all out. The walk from our room to the managers cocktail party was gorgeous with candles lining the walkways. The cocktail party was well done and very fun. Then it was on to the main event. The gala was set very nice and we really enjoyed it. The first and the last entertainer were fantastic and we loved ringing in the new year in Jamaica. I did notice at both events during the week that some couples were able to reserve tables in advance with signage and take the prime seating. At the beach party, we were running about 15 minutes late and had a hard time finding a seat that wasn't marked reserved or that another guest wasn't saving. However, an employee saw us wandering and promptly offered to find us a great spot. Very nice!
We have always felt like the Jamaicans are very kind, friendly, fun people. The employees at couples sans souci are certainly that way and we were treated extremely well during our stay. Guest services hunted down my lost luggage and got pretty aggressive with the airline. We really appreciated this. Also, everyday we had to go by the bell desk to get to and from our room. Earl was always there with a smile and a hello. Kenesha in the photo shop made sure we had some great pictures to take home and she was very enjoyable to talk with.
We had an amazing stay and although we have never gone to the same resort twice, we have decided that we will revisit this resort. Whether you love it or hate it is in the ambiance and the romance. If you feel it, you will be hooked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios