“Sam and Kat Lazare” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 80 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: FREE Wi-Fi Available. Be Brave - drink a BIG BAMBOO in your very own to keep Bamboo Chalice. Be a Star - Howl at the Moon around our nightly bonfire. Be Liz Taylor. Be Martin Luther King. Be Frank Sinatra - they created this historic jetsetters hideaway! Be Mellow - pre Reggae tunes of Mento & Ska air when local Rastafarian guitarist Jah Happystone takes a snooze. Be Hungry - eat new original for 2013 - Jerky's Popcorn Pork Festival Bites. Be Happy. .......... Also, please note Bamboo Blu is not a public beach, reservations are required at our restaurant to access beach facilities.
Thornhill, Canada
“Sam and Kat Lazare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

All I can say is wonderful!!! Discovered this jewel while walking on the beach. We went for a glass of wine in the afternoons. Best lobster we have ever had and our valentines dinner was terrific!! Will definitely be back!! Thank you so much!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kalpana H, Public Relations Manager at Bamboo Blu, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your review Mr. & Mrs. Lazare!

Our Lobster certainly is one of most talked about entree's, i'm happy to hear you enjoyed it!

Looking forward to serving you again!

texas
“So Romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

we arrived in jamaica on 3/12/13 we had a late arrival to our resort so we planned to dine at bamboo blu i had read great reviews about it so we gave it a try we made our way there about 6:30ish and wow the ocean front seating the tiki sticks were lit the guy on guitar who serenades you the waitress who told us about things to do in jamaica off the resort and we ordered the crab wotons and we also ordered the lobster this was absolutely amazing food ambiance just everything we loved bamboo blu we had been done with our food when we noticed we were still seated and for our water his sprite two lobsters and app the tab was only $60 something to $70 something dollars (sorry i dont remember the exact price)

Thanks for visiting us!

Gladstone (our guitarist) and Lobster are our most talked about gems! We're happy you got a chance to experience both.

Do come back for another romantic evening =)
Bangkok, Thailand
“Hidden Gem :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My best friend and I visited this little paradise a week ago and it was a real treat. Concerned about being vegetarian and not finding a diverse menu, we were pleased with the chef accommodating to what we wanted. The food was delicious :)
The best part was the evening bonfire and howling to the moon! Quite innovative.
We can't wait to visit again :)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Kalpana H, Public Relations Manager at Bamboo Blu, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We try to accomodate all our guests and their dietary needs!

Thanks for your review & we look forward to howling to the moon with you again!
Regina
“Food is very good but AMBIENCE is what makes this place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

So glad I'm a trip advisor junkie because there is no way we would have known about this small restaraunt that is right next to the Riu Ocho Rios. The resort people sure didn't tell us about it and after dining there we would go back in a heart beat!

This little place is so charming! It's tiny and is truly a little bamboo hut right on the beach. Pretty much all tables have a great view of the beach. They open at 6 pm for dinner. The service is very good. The food was delicious!! It's a pretty simple fare with not a lot garnish and plate filler stuff but it was tasty! Btw, we had NO idea that the lobsters in this part of the world do not have claws lol so when our entree was delivered to our table we were wondering what happened to the claws lol

There is a gentleman playing guitar and singing - no speakers needed because the place is small but that was part of the charm. He was darn good too!

Well worth the extra bucks - we paid $36 for the large lobsters which I would say weren't really large but medium...maybe because lobsters are smaller here?? Appies were reasonably priced. Drinks were pricey but hoo doggies they were strong lol

I put $$$ for cost/person not because of formality but price. You certainly can dress more formal but there is no need to which is nice too.

Absolutely charming!! Big thumbs up bamboo blu!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
We're glad you're a Trip Advisor junkie as well!

Thanks for stopping by & we're thrilled you had such a wonderful time with us.

See you soon again!
NJ
“Great Escape!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Hooray for TripAdvisor and the travelers' recommendations! Without you, I would not have found this gem. I travel to Jamaica several times a year and was tired of going to the same restaurants. For the last day of my trip, I wanted to try a new eatery. I wanted a laid-back afternoon in the sun with good food, good drinks & good friends. After reading the TA reviews, I selected Bamboo Blu. We could not have asked for a better experience -- bright sunny day, small restaurant on the beach, good food (not the best seafood as some reviewers have stated -- the best to me is found at Lil Ochie on the south coast), and laid-back vibes! They even have free wi-fi :) I had snapper escoveitch-style and my husband had the lobster. We were both satisfied with our meals ... and after eating so many carbs during vacay, the tossed salad was welcome & refreshing! My only disappointment was that they did not have any bammy (: One word about the service -- it was friendly, but a little slow by US standards. I had to remind myself to relax, slow down and savor my time there. We ended up closing the place -- didn't leave until the moon glistened over the beautiful Caribbean Sea. I recommend Bamboo Blu -- have longed to go back there every day since the day I left!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kalpana H, Public Relations Manager at Bamboo Blu, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thanks so much for listening to other Trip Advisor members and dropping by!

We're glad to hear you had such a lovely experience! Be sure to come again for your Bammy!