That being said, she is over the hill. I first came to this hotel in 1965 with my parents and their friends. I have loved it ever since. I have stayed here many times, later with my husband, and still later with friends.
We were here two weeks ago for our friend' 25th wedding anniversary. We stayed here the first time when we got them married up at Shaw Park Garden.
It is so sad, the hotel is not a shadow of its' former self. The bar was even closed. We did manage to get a very good Jamaican breakfast the second day by asking the cook the night before, as it is not on the menu.
No hot water on Saturday night, so could not wash hair for going out. Pretty worn rooms and furnishings. The staff is wonderful. They will try to help where ever they can. I went down to the "beach" one morning and swam. I was the only person I saw the entire time in the ocean.
In the "day" the sand was raked every morning, there was bar service on the beach and even a water sports kiosk! You would never guess that now.
I restore old buildings-this could still be salvaged, but it will cost a fortune and require a dedicated knowledgeable person with incredible stamina!!
I am glad to see that someone is responding to review postings. That is a step in the right direction for management.
As I said, I love this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Resort Hotel surrounded by private tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Silver Seas Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Seas Hotel Ocho Rios
- Silver Seas Ocho Rios
- Silver Seas Resort Hotel Jamaica/Ocho Rios