“Not so clear water” 2 of 5 stars

Cincinnati
7 attraction reviews
“Not so clear water”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The water at the beach was murky and sandy. Not the clear blue water that you will find at the resorts. No one was laying out and the hike to get down to the beach was a pain, not to mention going back up.

New York City, New York
“Great way too cool off”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very nice water very clean. Great way to cool off. If you have very young people in your group or very old I would recommend the guided tour they now all the safe places to walk and it can be very slippery in some areas if you don't know the way. Also if you want someone to take pictures of you and keep your camera dry the guide is the only way to go. defiantly worth the trip

Visited July 2013
Richmond, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
“Fun Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went on a Wednesday... I think the cruise ships come in so lots of people, but we made due.

Had Slader for our guide, he was a great guide once we got everything going on the falls. Prior to I think there was so much going on it seemed very poorly planned but I wouldn't put that on him. Try to share your locker with others. It's giant! Locker is $8, but you get $3 back when you give back the lock/key/receipt. Water shoes are required, I had on barefoot shoes, and my husband had on tennis shoes. I would recommend those before the slick bottom water shoes, but they do sell/rent the regular water shoes for $17/$7.

Great experience! Stay in the back of your line and you won't get pulled around so much. I was able to get photos unprovoked because I wasn't holding someone's hand every 30 seconds. Everyone is very helpful and wants you to have a good time. Make sure to slide on the rocks, take a waterfall shower, and plunge backwards when given the chance! It's a blast!!

***Waterproof camera is a MUST... the water moves quickly and takes/knocks everything and anything non waterproof out of your hand. Pretty much impossible to not get digital things wet.

The souvenir huts are a little annoying, but not something that I would say ruined the experience. Just put your blinders on and be polite, say no thank you and walk on.

No problem mon!

Tampa, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Worth the stop!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We booked this excursion through Royal Caribbean that also stopped for a bobsled ride @ Mystic Mountain. Our tour guide, L Gibbs, was crabby as can be, but the videographer, Grizzly, was cheerful & enthusiastic. There was about 20 of us total in the tour, 8 of which were traveling with me...6,8, & 21 year old boys, 2 couples & a grandma. We started our walk down to the beach, then jumped into a freezing pool of water @ the based of the waterfall. Here, we started to ascend the waterfall hand in hand in a long human chain formation. This did not work well as some people were faster than others...leaving those stuck in the middle to be pulled apart in two different directions. Eventually we broke free from the chain & helped each other along the way in small groups. I found this to be more manageable & much more enjoyable! The water was very cold, but you quickly adjust to the temperature. I HIGHLY recommend the water shoes, as they made the climb easier. Everyone was able to make the climb without feeling like it was too taxing! I did loose my sunglasses in the rushing water. I would recommend leaving hats & sunglasses behind, as its very shaded by the trees & not necessary to travel up the falls with!

After you get out of the falls, there is a short trek back to the front through the "shops" where several local try to sell you their goods...I advise you to look ahead, not say a word & smile. They were harmless, but could be a bit pushy.

We ended up purchasing the DVD that they personalize with each group, but haven't watched it yet. Just popped it in long enough to make sure that the disk wasn't blank.

3 attraction reviews
“I want to do it again!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I loved climbing the falls but our guide wasn't that great. I saw other groups having way more fun than us. They were taking group pics and chanting on their way up. We chanted once and never took a group pic. I felt like we were rushed through the falls. Trying to take pics, we got left behind. When the guide had to walk back down a bit to help us up, he was annoyed. I asked him why aren't we taking our time and stopping to take pictures, he told me "you can't take pictures of everything." We hadn't stopped to take pictures of anything at this point. In fact we only stopped to take one picture, besides the one we took at the bottom before we started. Since we were at the end of the line, we weren't in the video as much as those who were in the front of the line, only when it came time to do specific things like fall backwards into the water or introduce ourselves. I didn't even know there was a place to take pictures at the end that said "I climbed the falls." The guides didn't show it to us. They were gone while we were clearing pebbles from our water shoes, trying to make video sales. A friend who completed the falls last year asked if I took a picture at the end. I had no idea what she was talking about until I saw the video (which I paid $40 for and I'm not really in it) I think on a less crowded day with a better guide it would be way more fun.

Visited July 2013