“Same review as the falls - go when there is no cruise ship” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 49 things to do in Ocho Rios
Activities: Swimming
Ann Arbor, Michigan
98 attraction reviews
“Same review as the falls - go when there is no cruise ship”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This attraction is not a separate one, but the same as the Dunns River Falls. You pay the entrance fee to go to both. The falls ends at the beach and this itself is one of a kind in the world.

• Polish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
98 attraction reviews
“The #1 attraction in Ochi - totally worth the hype (Waterproof camera is a must)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Where else are you going to see a waterfall ending on a beautiful beach which you can actually climb. Since much has been said and seen about it, here are some tips...

1. DON'T TALK TO ANY LOCAL - they turn out to be one of the aggressive vendors. This one guy was talking to me like he wanted to know more about me and gave my wife a 'GIFT' for free and ended up asking $40 USD for it from me. Ended up paying him $20 for worthless piece of junk because he etched her name on it and wouldn't take it back.

2. Pack your own water shoes if possible if you want to save $15

3. Go when there is no cruise ship landing that day (check with your hotel). There were hardly any people when we went.

4. You don't have to get a guide, but go with a group - just to make sure you are climbing the right way.

5. Take a waterproof camera. You definitely don't want to miss the awesome pics to relive the memory.

6. Lockers (for rent) and changing rooms available if you don't want to walk around in your bathing suits all around like the other tourists.

White Plains, New York, United States
“Awesome Pics!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Fun, worth the money and we got the BEST pics from this excursion. Met nice people and for the amount of time we had a lot of fun and still had a half a day to relax at the resort

Memphis, Tennessee
31 attraction reviews
“Great Fun for the Fit!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I attempted the falls but do to bad knees I couldnt complete it. They have exits on the side in case you need to get off. I will go back and try it again this summer. My 2 friends who were with me made it safely to the top and want to do it again. The falls are beautiful but as other reviewers gave said watchout for the hustlers trying to sell stuff as you exit and on the beach at the bottom.

Visited July 2012
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Dunns River Falls!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

When we first told our friends we were going to Jamaica for Christmas the first place they mentioned to experience was Dunns River Falls. We went with my family of 11 and some of the group wasnt really sure they wanted to do the excursion. We met Coco Chanel on the beach of our Fantastic Hotel (The Riu) and she had the rest of my family convienced to go and do the tour. We met on the beach around 10am, got on a catameran and the rum punch started flowing!! We reached Dunns River and our guide for the falls was great. Our family began at the begining of the hike and ended up having so much fun in the different spots of the falls we ended up being last.. but we were never forgotten in the video they took throughout the falls and our guide always made sure we caught up to the rest of the group. It was the most beautiful thing ive ever seen and totally worth the trip!! At the end of the Falls walk we wanted to get a video but didnt have enough money with us so THEY delivered it to our hotel!! Talk about service.. we were SO pleased they did that for us! The people in Jamaica are amazing and want nothing more than for the tourists to have an exceptional time. When I go back to Jamaica, I will def be doing the Dunns River Falls again!! :)
For those who want to do it through your hotel.. its worth it. You get free rum punches the whole trip, we stopped to snorkel in the most gorgeous place after doing the falls then danced with the 2 guys on the catameran and continued drinking on our way back to our hotel!