“Awesome Natural Beautiful...No Crowds, Great Driver/Guides & Gorgeous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Hole

Blue Hole
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$124*
and up
Frenchman's Cove, Blue Lagoon and Rio Grande...
Ranked #1 of 23 Attractions in Ocho Rios
Type: Waterfalls, Outdoors
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome Natural Beautiful...No Crowds, Great Driver/Guides & Gorgeous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I thank all of you who said this was a must, and thank you for recommending our driver, Horace. Only a couple of people even knew of this place. They kept saying it was the Blue Lagoon, but that is not the same. Our Apple Vacations' rep said this has become so popular with request that they are trying to turn this into a tourist attraction. The hotel said they could get a taxi driver for 2 people for $100. It was recommended on here to call Horace if you want a great guy who grew up by the falls on 845 0314, highly recommended. We totally agree. Great tour guide, very nice, prompt, and stayed the entire time with us. This is not for someone who is not in shape, or at least some-what in shape. The guide, Jerome, was fabulous. At the end another guide, Shane, was a big help as well. It is so beautiful. Six people were there. We jumped (with life jacket for me :o) into 60-feet of the most beautiful clear coral blue water; swung on the rope into the water; was able to take out time...,not rushed along holding hands like Dunns River Falls, which we did also, and swam at the end (as long as we wanted). Jerome, my young guide, was so careful in taking care of me not to fall; calming me down when I was afraid to jump into the several places along the way; and a great personality. It cost $50 for the driver for 2 people, and $10 per person to our guide. Horace even took us to the local jerk chicken restaurant for great chicken when we were done, Loved it. And glad to have given our money to Horace and the young guide.

• Hebrew first
Richmond, Virginia
“Must Do!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I loved this excursion and would recommend it to anyone visiting Jamaica. The ride up to the location was not enjoyable and I actually became carsick but it was worth it. The guys there are so nice and once they knew I was a bit sick, they offered me some of their homemade food and ice cold water. The guys there are fearless and do insane jumps. They took our cameras to capture every moment and staged tons of photos. They are always there to lend a hand and make sure we don't hurt ourselves. It's a long excursion so make sure you block off enough time to enjoy all the falls, jumps, and holes to crawl through.

If you go, tell Ricardo, aka my Chocolate Angel which I called him since he kept such good care of me when I was sick and clumsy, that Carly says hello.

Harlan, Iowa
“Blue Hole is a MUST SEE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

While we loved our resort, the Blue Hole tour was our FAVORITE part of our trip!!! Antonio and Devereaux were the best guides! They were fun, informative, and took GREAT pictures. Taking a water proof camera is a MUST!!!!!

Olathe, Kansas
3 attraction reviews
“Blue Hole”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Picturesque and breath taking. The water is as blue as the sky. Cliff jumping was surreal! Guides were awesome!

Rochelle, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
“Trip to the Blue Hole”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Unbelievable!!! We did the Dunn's River thing a few years ago and this is a thousand times better. There are no lines, vendors, or any of the hassles of Dunn's River. The guides helped us get through what we weren't sure we where ready for. The lunch we had in town was icing on the cake

Visited May 2013