“1000 times better than Duns river falls” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$137*
and up
Frenchman's Cove, Blue Lagoon and Rio Grande Day...
Ranked #2 of 30 Attractions in Ocho Rios
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Type: Waterfalls, Nature & Parks
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“1000 times better than Duns river falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I went to duns river falls via catamaran and although it was ok it's not a patch on the secret falls. We tried to book it through our hotel but they knew nothing about it so we used real tours and they were excellent. The place it's self is like something out of a film. Hard to believe its not been commercialized. Our guide was glen he was fantastic he took literally 100s of photos for us. I can't recommend this place enough although I dnt want it to get to busy as plan on returning next year!!!

• Hebrew first
San Antonio, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Unspoiled Jamaica!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This place is nothing but breath taking pools and water falls. This is the untouched Jamaica I remember from my earlier visit almost 20 years ago. My wife, daughter and I could not have had a better experience.

The ride from our resort to the Blue Hole was with Rashaun, this is the man to have as your guide into and around Jamaica, Ocho Rios or anywhere else you would like to go.

At the Blue Hole we asked for Kevin as an earlier post had suggested but was not Kevin's day to work. Good thing for us we had Richardo and Jerome. These guys were super! Between ensuring that my family was safe and keeping our camera from getting wet to providing us with Excellent information about the Blue Hole. I could tell you all the things we did while there but rather than me tell you, why not go and experience true Jamaican falls without all the crowds.

Lost paradise awaits for you.

Royal Oak, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was the highlight of our trip. The location was amazing, secluded and touristy. Rusty, our tour guide was kind, funny and entertaining. The guides at the blue hole made me feel safe the entire time. They were attentive and had great personalities and took great photos of the entire experience. We spent the morning swimming in waterfalls, jumping off cliffs, climbing into a waterfall cave and jumping off of the rope swing. Such a blast. We heard about this through word of mouth and we were so happy we did it. A ++++++++

Cincinnati, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
“Maybe the Best Couple Hours of our 7 Day Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were on a cruise that stopped in Falmouth, and after extensive research, selected Courtney Taylor Tours (CTT) to take us to this remarkable spot. With no paved road, and well off the beaten track, this “hidden gem in the hills” is an unspoiled treasure.There were six of us; myself (52), my wife, two teenage sons, and my wife's parents.

Upon arriving, we were met by two local guides, who began our afternoon with a 40 foot "exhibition" leap into the water. They asked if any of us were interested in a turn (none of us were), but I’m not sure they would have allowed it anyway, as you must get a strong running start to jump the 20 feet or so OUT from the side to clear the slope below.

Guided by the two locals, we spent at least a couple hours in the water, hiking a short ways up (and then back down) the falls, where they gave us some great background on the area, posed us for some shots with the falls as our backdrop, took us through a cave behind the falls, showed us several places we could jump into the pools (or not), took us to a rope swing, and had us walk down the FACE of the largest fall, before jumping OUT and into the pool below (not for the squeamish).

In the entire time we were there, we saw only one small group as we came in, and one other as we left, but absolutely no one else the entire time we were in the water (how many times can you say that when ashore from a cruise ship?!).

Because my 75 year-old father-in-law couldn't navigate the slopes, our CTT tour guide entertained him “up top”, while our lead guide took responsibility for my mother-in-law, holding her hand for the 10-15 min hike up and back down a portion of the falls. There was always an “opt-out” option (my mother-in-law never got wet above the ankles and my wife didn’t take the falls-face leap), and although there was one 20+ foot jump, there was also a lower jump if you preferred (my wife, after first backing away from the higher jump, eventually jumped anyway - after seeing her boys all do it – such a trooper!).

Even getting out of the falls was a mini-adventure, passing through a natural “cave” in the bank to make your way back to the path.

I can’t say enough good things about this place, and I highly recommend you visit it as soon as possible, because our guide mentioned that the roads leading to it may be getting paved, and once that happens, a lot of the “hidden” part of this gem will disappear.

Chandler, Arizona
9 attraction reviews
“The Blue Hole - A Must see!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We found out about the Blue Hole on Trip Advisor. We were staying at Sandal's Grande Riviera and had them call us a cab. The first driver quoted $80, but we found a guy who took us for $55. It's about 25 minutes away and quite an entertaining ride - especially the last 500 ft. on a rough, rocky road. But our driver stayed while we played in the AMAZING BLUE HOLE! Kevin, the "owner", was amazing - he just took my camera (not water resistant, so I was a little worried) and took all kinds of photos of us - jumping from the top, in the little cave area behind the waterfall, swinging from the rope and swimming in the beautiful blue water. We were the only people there (for about 20 min) until another little family came with their little girl who loved jumping off the rocks (about 12-15 ft. above the water.)

I'd been to Dunn's River Falls - which was also nice, but this was a totally natural experience vs. a group of hundreds of tourists. There are no signs so make sure your driver knows where it is (Turn right once you see the "power station" and then go about 500 ft. to park in the flat, grassy area.)

And it was only $10! We tipped him another $10 as it was Totally worth it!!!!