“Beautiful art” 5 of 5 stars

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
8 attraction reviews
“Beautiful art”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

A really nice way to spend a some time. Fun and beautiful original artwork. Such talent. Combine your visit with lunch at Toscanini Restaurant below the gallery. A very nice way to spend an afternoon or early evening.

Visited July 2013

London
4 attraction reviews
“small but interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

lovely paintings/drawings, also free, I like free... if you wanted to purchase anything, make sure you have a lot of money on you.

Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Harmonious Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The art gallery not only had an impressive collection of well-known as well as emerging Jamaican artists (I particularly like the Rastafarian artwork), but also books, trinkets and prints for sale. There was something very special about purchasing a piece of artwork from this special place tucked away in the heart of St. Ann. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. We did not dine at the restaurant, but I looked at the menu and saw that it was quite pricey.
My only reason for giving a rating of 'Very Good' instead of 'Excellent' is that the owners and staff told me that I would not have any charges for delivery of my painting to the UK, and I in fact did have to pay VAT when the package was delivered. They did apologize to me for their mistake however.

Visited December 2012
Leonardtown, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
“Jamaican talent on display”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

It is located in the upstairs of a totally charming historic house, with the best restaurant we ate at the whole week located below (Toscanini's). We saw so many paintings we wanted to buy, but they weren't in our price range (average for a small oil painting was $390.00). But it was very fulfilling to look and appreciate, anyway. In the gift shop I bought a rustic, hand-carved wooden tray, which I was very happy with. From the heart of Ocho Rios the taxi fare was $40.00. 'Sounds like a lot--and it is--but it's worthwhile visiting, especially when you pair it with a meal at Toscanini's.

Visited June 2013
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
11 attraction reviews
“Great Window”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a good window into the art of the country. Pieces have you walking and looking and comeing back. If you love art, and pices that leave you with that feeling I know exactly where you belong, I know what you make me feel then this is a place. There are a mix of artist. Some new ones whcih clearly cost less, but you can see if you are an investor that it will appreciate. At the same time there are great pices from strong Jamaican artist. Even if you are not buying it is great to be around and feel the pieces.

Visited December 2012