“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa

Expedia.com Booking.com
The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Mammee Bay | PO Box 858, Ocho Rios, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book by April 28 Save 40%
Ranked #6 of 39 hotels in Ocho Rios
Kent
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed for a week last year and to say we were well looked after is an understatement, from the moment we arrived the staff at Dunn's River really know how to make you relax and enjoy your holiday. The arrival reservation process is undertaken very swiftly with drinks and cold towels provided, there is no wrist band requirement as everyone is AI and with an adults only policy no children are running around screaming blue murder. The room we had was a sea view with a huge comfy bed and large bathroom, the TV had multiple US channels so always something to have in the background when getting ready. The food on offer was of a very high quality with 6 different dining options; we loved the pizza parlour as they cook to order and served to you outside in a small dining area (I'm not a great pizza lover but the pizza's where excellent). One evening the hotel undertakes a beach BBQ and everyone is invited with live music and dancing, again the food cooked by the chefs is amazing and aplenty. The drinks are all international brands, you have to ask sometimes if you want a specific spirit, and the beer is Red Stripe so no complaints there. All the hotel staff really go out of there way to make you feel welcome at the hotel and nothing is never to much trouble, they even have film nights where a hugh screen is erected around the pool and everyone grabs a sun lounger, beer and popcorn and watches the film under the stars. The hotel has a very good gym if you wish to have a work out and a small 9 hole golf course, plus the usual tennis courts. The hotel next door to Dunn's River is a massive Marriott, when you look across from the beach you are glad that you didn't book there. Thank you Dunn's River for an amazing week in Jamaica.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms have lovely views of the pool and beach.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Daine G, Guest Relations Manager at The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and happy that you had great time and enjoyed all that we had to offer. Although late we appreciate you taking the time to let us know and hope to see you again soon.

2,798 people have reviewed this hotel

2062
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,084)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Would the Jewel by any other name shine as brightly?

Probably not but it would almost definitely result in a different pun to start this review.

I would be remiss if I failed to address a concern that many reviewers have mentioned previously, the drive to the resort. The ride lasted about an hour and half or so for our group of four but it felt like much less! It really does go by in a flash because you have plenty of scenery to keep you occupied while you zip along the main road.

Do you need some entertainment for the ride? Try turning the random goat sightings into a drinking game (if you brought or bought something to drink on your way) or ask your driver to point out where Usain Bolt's house is or where he went to High School among other points of interest. Not into looking out the window? Introduce yourself to the new friends you are bound to make while you stay at the resort. Perhaps you could joke about how long winded and obnoxious some of the reviews on Tripadvisor are or you could just breathe in the trade winds and get a quick nap.

All said and done the ride was the only downside of my experience at the Jewel and even then, it was the ride to the airport that was the downside. The ride to the resort was cathartic and served to let me soak up the temperament of the island before melting into the callaloo that this place really is. The ride to the airport was depressing but the reasons for that should be obvious!

So now that we have the plane ride and the bus trip out of the way, what makes the Jewel so incredible? What makes this resort so deserving of its name and the five star review I'm giving it? What makes this place so unbelievably perfect?

Without being able to take you there and show you in person I will attempt to explain it in the bland and boring text that is an online review.

But where to start?

Shall I start with the well maintained grounds at the entrance? After all the traveling you've probably already done to get to this resort there is this gate that seems to say, "Welcome to your Jamaican home away from home," just as much as it says, "No problems allowed in here!"

The bouncer to paradise is just as strict as he is smiley but that isn't why I happily recommend this place to everyone! What is?

Is it the impressive yet relaxing and luxuriant lobby? The gentle sounds of the fountain echoing off the tropical decor welcoming you to the paradise that will ultimately become your vacation?

Getting warmer and that's not just the Jamaican sun but not quite it entirely...

Is it the utilities? The gym or the pool areas? The cabanas on the beach or the award winning spa? The tennis court, the giant Chess set, the basketball court, the pool table, the beach or the golf course? The boats that you can be taken out on or (weather providing) learn to sail? How about the nightclub Bling, is it that?

Could it be the specialty restaurants and bars? The astounding cuisine available to you around the clock or the drinks made to your liking every time?

Could it be the cuisine itself?

The dazzling array of variety and flavor available at the Coral Cafe (Breakfast Lunch and Dinner buffets are different at EVERY sitting every day!) is impressive but not overwhelming. Want to try something completely new? The Coral Cafe affords you that option and does so three times a day. Do not think of this as "just a buffet" this is a chance to experience, at your leisure, unique island flavors! Oh and do yourself a big favor and make sure you at least check out the desserts every night. The rice pudding and brownie bread pudding (yes I said BROWNIE BREAD PUDDING) were astounding!

Not to be missed is the Aquamarina Cafe which provides you the necessary burgers, wraps and fries. This is not the same level of variety as the Coral Cafe but it is of the same high quality and being open all night means you are able able to get a grilled cheese with french fries at 3AM! With cooking just like Mom used to make this place is guaranteed to make you feel like a kid again! The Jerk Chicken is delicious any time you order it and the central location allows you to easily grab some popcorn or nachos with cheese on your to or from the beach or pool.

Not in the mood for burgers or wraps? How about the artisanal pizzas at Court Jesters? Yes, I said artisanal and here's why, because these brick oven pizzas burst with flavor and the daily special is always tantalizing and inventive! Perfect dough with impeccable ingredients is a winning combination every time and the pizzas at Court Jesters are never anything less than enjoyable!

Maybe it's the more formal dining experiences that the Jewel provides though...

Perhaps it is the dinner and a show at the Jade Samurai. Is it Japanese flavor with Jamaican flair or Jamaican cuisine cooked in a Japanese style that they specialize in? Make a reservation and enjoy whatever you want to describe it a but make no mistake, it is VERY enjoyable indeed!

Maybe you want Italian instead? Moonstone not only boasts exceptional Italian cuisine but of all the restaurants, this one provides the best view as it is situated right on the deck overlooking the ocean. It's all the flavor of Italy with all the relaxation that only Jamaica can provide! Waves crashing in the background is just as much music to the ears as Frank or Dino if you want my opinion!

Maybe the five star rating comes from the upscale restaurant, Platinum. Truly a five star dining experience from the salad fork to the apertif. The food is well thought out and the presentation is as lively as the flavors. Truly tasteful in every sense of the word!

Is it any or all of the things I have just explained that makes the Jewel so wonderful?

I can honestly tell you that everything I just described is definitely there but none of that is what gives the Jewel its shine. If any of these ingredients were missing there wouldn't be a fifth star to be certain though!

So what is the missing ingredient that makes the Jewel so radiant and is sure to make your stay unique and memorable?

The staff!

The true magic in the Jewel's radiance is the attention that the STAFF pays to your enjoyment. The way each one has a sincere interest in your happiness.

I'd call it Jamaican hospitality but having stayed other (not so friendly) places on this beautiful island I can say this was Jewel Hospitality plain and simple!

From the moment we got there the smiles and service abounded!

The guard at the gate smiled as our bus drove by.

Our Bellman Carlton's face was all smiles when we got off the bus. While he unloaded our bags, navigated us to our rooms, got us situated and answered all of our group's stupid questions that he has no doubt been asked a million times, never once did he loose his smile.

Now if the Bellman made an impression how much more so the front desk! We were delighted to be greeted by Simonetta (sp?) who was unbelievably helpful and patient. She resolved what few issues we had quickly and painlessly not to mention answering whatever questions the group of us came up with AFTER Carlson had left.

The stars don't stop shining when you leave the lobby though, they just shine in different ways.

Remeber all those cool things I mentioned before? The restaurants and activities and all the other things that this five star resort has going for it? There are people that make those things better and unique to you!

To start let's talk food, and the artists that make it for you while you stayat the Jewel.

Over at Aquamarina there is Shamala. If she's not too busy, ask her for some cheese fries or even better ask her to just surprise you with something! Sometimes you'll see her over at Court Jester's too. She's equally capable in both kitchens and never disappoints.

While I was there Kevin had the late night shift at Aquamarina and not only was he good for a Jerk Chicken Wrap with cheese after dancing at Bling but he was great conversation too! Think of him as the cool bartender but instead of a cold brew served just the way you like it, it's a burger and fries served the way you like it.

Court Jesters has a few different chefs and each one is talented in their own right.

To start there is Shanna. While I was visiting the Jewel she was in charge of the daily specials. Trust her taste buds! You are in good hands with the specials she makes! Want to play it safe ad order off the menu go ahead. She's accomplished so you can't fail!

Tracey had the closing shift at Court Jesters and was equally dedicated to her craft as well as her art!

Just as with Aquamarina, if things are a little slow ask them to surprise you. All three of these girls have a talent and know how to use it!

Over at Moonstone and Platinum you don't have the one on one interaction with your chefs so I can't name names but the servers...

Everyone is outstanding from the people I talked to but I can only vouch for Marcia. Fast and quick with a little joke as she went about her job just the same. she was professional and very helpful with the menu.

I would LOVE to tell you the name of the chef we had at Jade Samurai but to be honest, he had us laughing SO hard the whole time that I can't remember it! He was just as much a chef as he was a comedian and a ninja! Excellent job Jade Samurai!

And now to the buffet...

Since I was in the Diamond building I literally walked by and through this place several times a day.

Some of the stand outs here were Peggy and Althea. Okay, Althea can also be found over at Court Jesters too and she is just as sweet and helpful there but it was easier for the sake of the narrative to mention her here. Both of these ladies were quick to greet us and help out in any way they could.

A few other stand out servers were Jaise and Carletta (sp?) Carletta was a trainee but both made great impressions in addition to being helpful in finding us an extra spoon or to bring back a coffee cup after you change your mind. No hunting for someone to help you out in this place!

There is some occasion to meet your friendly cooks at the Coral Cafe and stand outs in this regard were Shashalee and Vicki. My memory is unfortunately a bit foggy but one made the goat and the other did the fish if I am correct. Who made what is inconsequential though. They were delicious and some of the best things I ate at the Coral Cafe!

Actually that's a lie.

Some of the best things I ate at the Coral Cafe were the desserts and the thanks for those little pieces of heaven go to Abel Ernesto and his qualified team! Great job to each and every one of you! Keep up the good work! As far as the other stuff they have there though, the goat and the fish were REALLY good!

While you are on the beach or the pool decks there are servers there getting you drinks and the occasional pizza as well.

Major words of commendation here go out to Mario, Basil and Rudy. These guys are great so make sure you meet them all!

With all this food you are definitely going to need a drink though...

Some Bartenders especially worth mentioning are...

Carlos! My twin Brother and not just because we have the EXACT SAME BIRHTDAY (he's older by an hour and change though) but also because he is the only bartender I have ever met that makes a properly respectable Sex On The Beach! Find him at the Piano Bar and offer to buy HIM a drink!

Uton, Dwayne and Dimitri all received high marks from the others in our party. Each one was fast, courteous and didn't let you see the bottom! All you could ask for in a Bartender really.

With all the food and drink maybe you'll want to exercise or at least try to work off some calories.

For this you have two equally trained options to help you get sweating.

For those into Yoga or Pilates, meet Junior. He's the fitness Guru and he will get you into a shoulder stand on the beach before shredding your core. Just because you are on vacation is no reason to let your core go to the wayside and this guy is happy to help. He'll push but only in the nicest way. Enjoy the workout!

Want your workout to be more of a party? Do you just want to party?

Enter the GEMS!

For fear I will get someone's name wrong (or worse miss one!) I won't name names here but suffice to say these individuals are the entertainment and they do their job just as well as all the other talent at the resort! Want to joimn the party, find this group and have a blast. Want to avoid it (why would you do that?) go get some Advil in the gift shop and sleep it off until you want to have a blast. The Talent Show is NOT to be missed!

Along the way I met a few other individuals that made my stay at the Jewel just a little brighter.

Dayton, he's either with the towels or the boats, is great for a laugh and to assist you with either.

Tashika (sp?) was a Chef I met that was a wealth of information and very helpful in making suggestions for where to go and what to get.

Latoya was equally helpful and good natured as well.

Why am I mentioning each of these individuals?

Because THESE people are what makes this resort shine!

These people are the smiling face of the Jewel and are the ones that helped personalize my experience versus the experiences of the others in my group. All four of us agreed that the Jewel was all class and taste and that the staff were the secret ingredient to the Jewel's success. We also agreed that each one deserved mentioning because of how dedicated they were to making sure we had the most enjoyable time.

To those of you reading this and that are still debating about where to stay, relax and just book it now. This place has earned its name and the staff shows this. YOu will not be disappointed. I was a lttle anxious about staying here initially. It looked small in the photos and the restaurants sounded generic. I was happily proven wrong on all counts! The pictures downplay how spacious things really are. The restaurants lived up to the (good) reviews!

In conclusion, I want to say thank you to the Jewel, both the ones mentioned here, the ones I didn't and to the ones I didn't get a chance to meet. All of you have done a wonderful job and should be proud! You have done an exceptional job and are a truly exceptional team!

I very much look forward to visiting this beautiful island and this exceptional resort again very soon!

Well done to all of you.

Give yourselves a much needed congratulations and pat on the back! You earned it!

TL:DR Everyone is great and you owe it to yourself to meet each and every one of them personally. The bad reviews about this place are completely bogus. Go here now. Big thanks to everyone who made my vacation awesome!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Daine G, Guest Relations Manager at The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest

It was our absolute pleasure and delighted that you had a fantastic time and thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I do appreciate you taking the time to share such an awesome experience, and very detailed. I can assure that this will be definitely be shared with the team, in recognition of thier outstanding and excellent work they are doing. I look forward to hosting you again soon, and once again thanks and do please feel free to contact me prior to yournext visit. Thanks again.

Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I could not decide on a honeymoon destination, we were between Turks & Caicos, the Cayman Islands among others. Finally, we both decided we wanted a sure thing and went over the best vacations we'd ever had. My best was at Sandals Dunns River in 2006. She had never been to Jamaica and we found out the resort was no longer a Sandals. We ended up booking a butler suite (I had one previously when it was Sandals) for 10 days. Not only was it the time of our lives, it was better now than when it was a Sandals. There was more personal attention and the staff could not have been much more friendly. Our room was amazing, the resort was great, the options for excursions were more than we could do in 10 days, and above all, the butlers were perfect. Desmond and Larnell were so helpful, very curtious and very nice people. Larnell even called in the nurse (on her day off) our last day when I was running a fever. The two people that made our trip were Mario and Fabian. Mario was only our butler one day, but we saw him on the beach everyday. He made sure he took time to talk to us, get us anything we needed or even contact the working butlers when we needed something. I had met Fabian previously on my trip to Ocho Rios, he was briefly my butler and didn't get to know him too well. Fabian made us feel like Jamaica was our second home and made us feel comfortable enough to the point where we feel like we've known him for years. Even after I imagine his shift was over, he'd still come by the room or call to make sure we were doing ok. Our chairs on the beach, the excursions he arranged and even selecting a cab driver he knew to take us to town were all perfect. He even tried to teach me how to play the guitar after I briefly mentioned earlier in the trip I had always wanted to learn. When we left, we felt like we were leaving family. My wife cried when Fabian gave her a hug right before we got on the bus to leave for the airport. We would have had an amazing time without the butlers, but they really did make it the best time of our lives without question. We will definitely be back, potentially as soon as this Christmas. I'm even hoping we hear from some of the butlers (we left our email address).

Aside from the butlers, the butler suite was amazing. It had two balconies, one off the living room and one off the bedroom no more than 3 steps away from where we slept. It also had two bathrooms which were both kept very clean. Our balcony off the living room was right over top of the ocean and an amazing view. The room also had a fully stocked bar with local rum, vodka, scotch, and gin. The fridge had Red Stripe, Strip Light, and a bottle of champagne. We are big drinkers which the butlers learned quickly, they made sure every morning we had at least 1 bottle of champagne in the fridge. They paid such close attention, they found out my wife fell in love with rum cream (high proof Baileys) and started putting a small glass in the fridge for her coffee in the morning. They even put more Stripe Lights in there as well for the same reason.

Our chairs were set aside and labeled for us every morning on a prime spot on the beach. It was close to the bar, but there were so many people walking around trying to help us, we rarely had to get a drink ourselves...plus the cooler of beer the butlers packed for us didn't hurt either. Each pool bar had the nicest bartenders and would try to make anything you wanted. The food at the place behind the beach bar was amazing. The jerk chicken and pork wraps were unreal. Moonstone was ok, food was good, wine was iffy (they have better wine, but you have to pay a fortune for it). Platinum and Jade had amazing food (although I wish they both had a few more options on the menu, you only have 6-8 to choose from). Even the room service was good (I was sick the last night so they brought a ton of food to the room for us). For couples, they had special events each night, including contests, dancing, buffets, etc.

I heard the Cool Runnings booze cruise to Dunns River Falls got some bad reviews. We had a blast. We are adventurous though and sat on the mesh netting on the front of the catamaran, there were literally 10 people up there and the rest of the boat was packed. The employees kept giving us drinks and dancing and really made it a good time. They did not have the bar open until the ride home, but you can always bring something with you. The snorkeling was boring, not much to see. We did Mystic Mountain zip lining too. That was decent, although the chair lift broke on the way down and were stuck for 40 minutes without moving which was a downer...get ready to spend all day there.

We are definitely trying to figure out a way to go back. If you can help it, don't use AirTran, we had a 7 hour flight delay going home and their employees couldn't have been more rude or less informative. Also, if you want to do the adventurous mountain thing, go with Pukka, not Mystic Mountain. I can't recommend this place enough, and if you have enough money go with a butler suite, it's an unbelievable experience you'll never forget. If there's a way to contact me with questions please go ahead.

since this message was so positive, my only complaint, if I had one, I'd say I wish there were a few more menu options at each restaurant.

Room Tip: Go with the butler suite if you have the money. Worth every penny.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Daine G, Guest Relations Manager at The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Joshua

It was our absolute pleasure to have hosted you and delighted that you had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed your vacation here with us and memories were made. I am happy that the staff mentioned made your stay what it was and ensured that all your needs was met. Thanks again and hope to see you again soon.

Royal Oak, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Pros: The room was spacious and clean
the A/C in the room was working well
Some of the shows in the evening were great (Steel Drum, Local Talent) though poorly attended
Kevin our waiter at the Coral Cafe. Great personality and made our meals fun.
The snorkeling excursion through the resort was AWESOME !
The beach was lovely

Cons: The food (except Breakfast) - Terrible. Bland or just not edible. I can usually eat anything but the food here was a huge let down for most of our meals.
The pool was always dirty, murky and not appealing.
The alcoholic drinks were weak !! Obviously watered down. Just choose straight shots.
Some of the staff were quite rude, either ignored you or made sarcastic comments.
The fitness center ? Is half outside and not air conditioned. Bad... or good if you like to sweat.. a lot
There are no activities for when it rains. Which it does.. a lot.
The wifi (only available in the lobby) works about half the time.
The resort is very very quiet.. eerily so. Could be a pro if that is what you are going for.
There are rarely clean towels available the pool/beach

I base a rating of a resort on a few key elements: Food, service and atmosphere. Because the food was horrible, the service was mediocre and the atmosphere was generally okay, I gave this resort a poor rating. This was in conjunction with a couple of strange events/issue we encountered while there:

While out at dinner at the Italian restaurant, and being the only people in the entire restaurant... we spotted a crab running across the floor. We pointed it out to our waitress. About 10 minutes later while having our main course.. what appeared to be the manager came to my table and took my dinner knife from me and ran around the place lifting up table cloths and looking like he was going to stab whatever he was going after (the crab?). In addition, the food at the italian restaurant was bad. The anti pasto bar is left out on a table.. not on ice and is picked over and had many flies on the food. I passed on that after seeing it. The pasta had to have been pre cooked and not cooked fresh as it took under 5 mins from the time we placed our order to the time we got our food. For dessert we had the ice cream which was gritty.

The reception staff are short on patience and often rude. There is no "customer service" attitude at this resort. For example, We asked to have our electrical in our room looked at because the lights and fan would randomly come on and off every 20 mins. After giving attitude about how that "could not be possible" they finally decided to have someone come up and look at it. About 30 mins later the repair man showed up with a screw driver... and flicked the light switch and turned the bulb and said it looked fine to him, even though the lights turned off WHILE HE WAS THERE. He told us he could change the bulbs. I told him it was likely not a bulb problem but more of an electrical/wiring problem. We got some run around answer about how that could not be possible and that someone would be back tomorrow .. no one ever came. The bathroom fan failed to work from that day forward. We were told we could not switch rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and must extend my apologies for some of the issues mention. We have done some investigation, and found it strange that you stated issues were not resolved. With regards to the flickering light, our records indicate that it was rectified, I will apologies if it was not to your satisfaction, and if it ws not, you stated that you were informed that they would return and they never did, and you made no alaram of this, which will lead me believe otherwise. The antipasta as you mention on a table, is indeed a table that also has a dual role of a fridge in it that keeps the temperture of the items. Food is a preference, where ever you travel, so that is an area, that will be left undiscussed. All the best in your future travels.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort and Spa was absolutely beautiful. Our vacation was perfect! I commend the employees at this resort for all their hard work and for going above and beyond to make things perfect especially the buffet restaurant staff. I have absolutely no negatives about this hotel.

Dear Guest

It was our pleasure and thanks for taking the time, to let us know of your stay. I am happy that memories were created and that the recognition of the staff goes a long way and will be shared with them.

Thanks again and hope to host you again soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I cannot even begin to explain how amazing our trip to The Jewel was.
I was so hesitant to leave the US when my closest cousin began to tell me she was getting married in Jamaica. I was so, so sadly mistaken. I never want to vacation anywhere else in the world after coming to this resort, the food, the cleanliness, the activities, the comfort and most of all the staff made our stay so memorable and so unique. from the moment we walked into the resort we were treated like family. Everyone knows your name and greets you in the morning, and at night. It's like a constant hug. The day time is filled with laughter, music and activities and the night is filled with dancing, entertainment and fun. The food was some of the best food I have ever had in my life, the jerk chicken made by Gregory was phenomenal, the pizza, the breakfast buffet everything was outstanding. I know it seems almost unbelievable but this was the most perfect vacation i have ever had and i ever will have. I have never met more genuine and sweet people in my entire life. It is so comforting to know everyone by name, its like walking around your own little resort. Saying hi, hugging, singing and dancing with people who feel like your family. Nothing could ever come close to the Jewel. We are coming back next year as "Jamericans" and we cannot wait to be back with our "family". :) Stop reading the rest of these reviews... just go.

*Do not be turned off by the "long" bus ride.. it was one of our favorite parts of the trip. :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Daine G, Guest Relations Manager at The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Amanda

Thank you for such a detailed review, and happy that you were pleased and thoroughly, enjoyed our resort and all that we had to offer. It was our pleasure and hope to host you again soon.

Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for four days in October of 2012. I found a Groupon special they were running and we decided to take a chance after researching them here on Tripadvisor. We ended up having such a great time! Totally worth it going to an adults-only retreat, it just made it that much more relaxing and romantic. We had an ocean view room with a large balcony and we sat out there a lot with our drinks just taking in the view. The pools and spas were spotless and we actually saw one of the employees in the main pool one morning scrubbing each and every tile by hand! We had an issue when we first arrived with our keycard which I've seen others mention too, perhaps this is the one area they could improve upon. Actually, the one other area I would say caused me to deduct a couple of points is that the room doors have a large gap between the door and the floor (maybe 1/2 inch or so) which does mean that you hear everything in the hallway outside your door, everyone talking, everyone opening and closing their doors. Other than that, I have no complaints. The restaurants were great too, the breakfast buffet especially was large and there was something for everyone. We even made some friends here that we stay in touch with! I would definitely recommend this resort to others, it was just a fun, relaxing time!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Caroline

Thank you for your review, and for bringing to our attention, your observation with the room door. I am happy that, the deal you got on Group on, was worth it and you enjoyed your time here. Hope to host you again soon.

Guest Services Manager

Been to The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!