We went to Jewel Dunns River Resort from 6/3-6/8, our first time to Jamaica. I will say it is very beautiful and you will not be disappointed with the Jewel! Upon arrival, seated in the lobby with a cool towel and a nice drink,check in was simple, and escorted to our room. We stayed in the Diamond Concierge, room 3511,top floor, didn't think I would like facing the Riu but it is fine, view is gorgeous!! Room is very clean,housekeeping does great job twice day. Room service was good, would like to see larger selection for breakfast. Resort grounds are beautiful, go on the nature walk with Leamon, he was full of info about the grounds! Restaurants were good, my fav was the Platinum, Antoinette was very sweet and efficient but the last evening we skipped the dinner on pier due to packing, we went to the Platinum and KUDOS to Kevin!! He arranged flowers on table, for my hair and took pictures of us that evening!!! Excellent!!! Service all around the resort was outstanding! Bars were all good, drinks great. Thanks to Damion and Cornell at Jaspers Chillin, excellent bartenders! Our last day, giving a shout out to Dwain at the sunken treasure swim up as well as David bartender trainee....he made us a special drink for our last day!! Staff is great, wouldn't change a thing! Check out was simple,only took few minutes. I was very pleased with the Jewel, the staff, the grounds, plan on returning! FYI, you can use JTL or turs, we chose to use private taxi to go to Ocho Rios...prices are out front or see concierge. We had Michael Butler take us to town, very nice and reliable, would use again for other tours. Take the glass bottom boat ride, saw the 007 beach and the reef, water is beautiful! Thanks Jewel for a wonderful Anniversary vacation, cant wait to return!!
- Also Known As:
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Resort And Spa
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Hotel
- The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa Jamaica/Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing The Jewel Dunn’s River, a new Jamaican beach resort located mere moments from one of Jamaica’s top attractions – spectacular Dunn’s River Falls. The Caribbean’s most romantic, adults-only Jamaican resort is the perfect spot for couples, honeymooners and idyllic weddings. Plus, our all-inclusive resort features the unique ‘Jewel Only’ exclusives you can only discover here. Imagine watching a movie from the comfort of a pool raft and dining by candlelight on a pristine beach – that’s just the beginning. Now visualize your first breath in the morning being filled with fresh ocean air from your room’s private balcony. Picture yourself sipping handmade rum punch served by a pool concierge. Anything is possible at The Jewel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.