First we need to thank the front desk staff. They were always helpful and informative. They made check-in smooth and check out was painless -except for having to leave. Also, our concierges, Francine and Garfiled, helped us with reservations, infomation about our return trip and any questions we had. They were great. Sandy, our turn down maid, really made it special to return to our room and find such nice decorative towel displays with flowers, etc. Our morning housekeeper did a great job making everything spotless. She even accommodated our request for an earlier cleaning time. We will never forget the "GEMS" for they added so much fun and memories to our trip. The Mayor, Happy Feet, Baby Face, Kat, Sassy, Salisha, Floyd and Victory knew us by name and made us feel so special. We have always been ambassadors for Jamaica - this was our 10th trip to the country. Now we are ambassadors for The Jewel Dunn's River. We came here for 10 days to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. We couldn't have had a better time. We had booked a Diamond concierge ocean view room and our only request was to be facing The Jewel side instead of the Riu. Much to our surprise we were upgraded to the 5th floor butler suite. Our room was so AMAZING!!! It had a huge living area with a couch, chair, big screen TV, dining table for 4 and a built in liquor cabinet with refrigerator and wet bar. Off of the living area was a big balcony with breath taking views of the ocean, mountains in the distance and The Jewel Resort. We even brought other guests of the resort up to our room to see the beautiful views. They were also impressed. Our room had 1 1/2 baths - who would have thought you might need that? We had a wonderful bedroom w/king size bed, Jacuzzi bath, walk-in closet, another big screen TV and another ocean view balcony. To be albe to feel the breezes and hear the ocean was fantastic. We really did enjoy everything at the resort. The only thing we might change would be the dive-in movie. It seemed to take away from the tropical magic of the resort. Not only the staff, but the guests - specifically from PA, IN and Canada - helped make this an unbelievable vacation that we will never forget. The resort is the perfect size to make you feel so comfortable and relaxed. We hope to return next year!
- Also Known As:
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Hotel
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Resort And Spa
- The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa Jamaica/Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing The Jewel Dunn’s River, a new Jamaican beach resort located mere moments from one of Jamaica’s top attractions – spectacular Dunn’s River Falls. The Caribbean’s most romantic, adults-only Jamaican resort is the perfect spot for couples, honeymooners and idyllic weddings. Plus, our all-inclusive resort features the unique ‘Jewel Only’ exclusives you can only discover here. Imagine watching a movie from the comfort of a pool raft and dining by candlelight on a pristine beach – that’s just the beginning. Now visualize your first breath in the morning being filled with fresh ocean air from your room’s private balcony. Picture yourself sipping handmade rum punch served by a pool concierge. Anything is possible at The Jewel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Amex, TripOnline SA, Otel, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.