This is our 3rd year traveling to an adults-only all-inclusive with the 2 prior years being in Mexico. The staff at this resort really made the trip nice.
We received an ocean view sapphire room which was an upgrade from the mountain view I had reserved. The room was nice and the bathroom was small, but it was OK since there was a separate vanity area and walk-in closet. I knew we would not get alcohol in our room because we were not in the diamond building, but it seemed kind of petty since the room was set up with a mini-bar. The turn-down service was very nice. I also enjoyed the open-air room with the windows and balcony and didn't need the A/C.
Our luggage was lost the first day and the concierge called the airline for me and made sure our bags would arrive later that night. We went to the gift shop to purchase items for the day and the lady working there was very helpful at picking out inexpensive items to get by until our luggage arrived. We didn't have proper attire to get into any restaurants for dinner, so the host at Platinum set a table outside in the tree bar for us and served us there which was very nice!
The food was average. I am a big fan of breakfast and found the breakfast very disappointing. One day the scrambled eggs had carrots and raisins in it...which I found odd. Lunch at the pizza place was great. The burgers at the other restaurant were not a consistent temperature so we didn't eat there. Platinum was very good. The Italian was good. The Japanese was too salty for me, but my boyfriend loved it.
I liked the smallness of the resort since it was never crowded for chairs/restaurants/drinks. It seemed like we hit a week of an older crowd. We are in our mid-30's and felt like there weren't a lot of similar aged people.
2 things that I did not like were:
1. On our last day it seemed that they allowed people from a cruise ship into the resort on a day pass. They crowded the pool and swim-up bar. It seems that only overnight guests should be able to use the resort facilities.
2. The spa ladies were way to annoying and aggressive. I felt like we were dodging them every time we went somewhere. The spa prices were not great and they didn't seem interested in negotiating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing The Jewel Dunn’s River, a new Jamaican beach resort located mere moments from one of Jamaica’s top attractions – spectacular Dunn’s River Falls. The Caribbean’s most romantic, adults-only Jamaican resort is the perfect spot for couples, honeymooners and idyllic weddings. Plus, our all-inclusive resort features the unique ‘Jewel Only’ exclusives you can only discover here. Imagine watching a movie from the comfort of a pool raft and dining by candlelight on a pristine beach – that’s just the beginning. Now visualize your first breath in the morning being filled with fresh ocean air from your room’s private balcony. Picture yourself sipping handmade rum punch served by a pool concierge. Anything is possible at The Jewel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Resort And Spa
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa Jamaica/Ocho Rios