I was in Kingston on business, and had a weekend that was unplanned. Some of us decided to go up to Ocho Rios, and we stayed at the Jewel. This was not pre-planned so there were no expectations. The Jewel is definitely a jewel!
First, the food is fabulous! Every single meal we had was beyond our expectations. And as all of us were foodies, we collectively tried every single item that they put out. No, we weren't hogs, and we didn't waste anything, but there were several of us and it gave us the opportunity to put a spoonful on a plate and let everyone taste...from the local to the exotic it was all great.
The outdoor areas are beautiful and well maintained. I could not think of one thing that they were missing. I am from Central Florida: land of Disney, Sea World, and a beach on either side, so that is saying something! Also, as 'Jamaica is for lovers', there were no children running around or screaming or splashing in the pool. I love my kids, but this was refreshingly relaxing!
The rooms were spacious, well laid out, and immaculately clean. As I said, this was not a pre -planned trip, so we took what rooms they had available and were certainly delighted.
As we were in Jamaica on business we were all without partners, so we were somewhat uneasy as many of the resorts cater to couples. We were made to feel very comfortable by most of the staff; that said we did bump into a couple of service issues. I was unable to determine if it was due to our unannounced arrival, or our "singleness". It was not overwhelming and we did not let it affect our visit.
Finally, they have a wonderful location where shopping and excursions are within easy reach! Don't miss Dolphin Cove - this interaction cannot be found anywhere else! Mystic Mountain should also be on your must do list - enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing The Jewel Dunn’s River, a new Jamaican beach resort located mere moments from one of Jamaica’s top attractions – spectacular Dunn’s River Falls. The Caribbean’s most romantic, adults-only Jamaican resort is the perfect spot for couples, honeymooners and idyllic weddings. Plus, our all-inclusive resort features the unique ‘Jewel Only’ exclusives you can only discover here. Imagine watching a movie from the comfort of a pool raft and dining by candlelight on a pristine beach – that’s just the beginning. Now visualize your first breath in the morning being filled with fresh ocean air from your room’s private balcony. Picture yourself sipping handmade rum punch served by a pool concierge. Anything is possible at The Jewel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Resort And Spa
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa Jamaica/Ocho Rios