This is certainly not a 5 Star Hotel but thumbs up for the people at the hotel making this a great place! This was our first time in Jamaica and I'm not sure if was Jamaica as a whole, but a visit to the Dunns River Falls showed us that not all Jamaicans are nice. Actually, they can be very rude but not at the Jewel Dunn's!
The meals were decent for an All Inclusive. I've been to many where the food is just one big buffet of barely edible food and sit down meals looked nice but lacked in any flavor. We found the meals here to be decent. Although my opinion was not the norm, the restaurant food I enjoyed the least was Jade. Again, the service was great and it was fun meeting even more people, I found the flavors just all blended. If my eyes were closed it would be hard to tell other than texture what I was eating since it all tasted the same - except the Tuna - that was just awful.
I have no doubt that Sandals sold off the property since it's time for a little facelift. Some things could use replacing but there are thousands of people in a years time so I get it. The drawers in the bureau were difficult to open and close as well as the closet but that the was the only frusturating thing for me in the room other than the air seemed to run non-stop with never a cold room. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. We had a standard room with a great view of the falls in the pool and the ocean.
The great atmosphere by all the employees was certainly contagious. As a uptight American from the East Coast, they broke through our hard exterior and had us relaxing in no time at all.
We would go back for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing The Jewel Dunn’s River, a new Jamaican beach resort located mere moments from one of Jamaica’s top attractions – spectacular Dunn’s River Falls. The Caribbean’s most romantic, adults-only Jamaican resort is the perfect spot for couples, honeymooners and idyllic weddings. Plus, our all-inclusive resort features the unique ‘Jewel Only’ exclusives you can only discover here. Imagine watching a movie from the comfort of a pool raft and dining by candlelight on a pristine beach – that’s just the beginning. Now visualize your first breath in the morning being filled with fresh ocean air from your room’s private balcony. Picture yourself sipping handmade rum punch served by a pool concierge. Anything is possible at The Jewel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Resort And Spa
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa Jamaica/Ocho Rios