We just returned from a week at the Jewel and we had an amazing time. My fiance and I were there with my cousins and everyone loved the Jewel. I emailed Scott before leaving to see if my cousins could get a room with 2 beds and they made it happen. Their room was in the emerald lanai building and it was very clean but the bathroom is small. Upon checking in, my fiance and I were surprised with an upgrade to a diamond suite room. This room is amazing!!! I never wanted to leave it, the room has 2 balconies, 2 bathrooms and a beautiful 4 poster bed. The grounds of the hotel are clean and well kept. The pools are large but their one drawback is they are freezing! I am a pool person and if they could find a way to heat the pool it would be great. The number one asset this hotel has is it's staff. Everyone there is friendly and always smiling. I want to say thank you to Sasha, Shauna, McHugh, Jason, Floyd and Mini me for a great time. We spent alot of time laughing with them. Also thanks to Chadwick and Marlon for all those drinks, and Marc and Shana at the grill. The employees go out of their way to make sure you are having a great time. I have been to several different places in the Carribean and this is definately not always the case. One example of this is that one night after playing beach volley ball my cousin left her shoes on the beach. In the morning when she realized, she didn't bother going to look for them because she figured they wouldn't be there anymore. When we got to the pool one of the employees she had played with the night before handed her the shoes. He saved them for her, it was so thoughtful because otherwise they probably would have been thrown away. He certainly went out of his way. Another example is several times at the grill we would ask for something that wasn't on the menu and Shana would make it happen. The staff is amazing.
There is always something to do at the Jewel, I loved the dinner and show on the beach. The one area I would think they could improve upon is the food. The buffet needs alot more choices. I have been to other resorts of similar size and their buffet's would be 3 times the size of the Jewel. Also room service in every room should be available.
Overall hands down this is one of the best resorts I have ever been to. I look forward to returning again. Thank you so much for a wonderful trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing The Jewel Dunn’s River, a new Jamaican beach resort located mere moments from one of Jamaica’s top attractions – spectacular Dunn’s River Falls. The Caribbean’s most romantic, adults-only Jamaican resort is the perfect spot for couples, honeymooners and idyllic weddings. Plus, our all-inclusive resort features the unique ‘Jewel Only’ exclusives you can only discover here. Imagine watching a movie from the comfort of a pool raft and dining by candlelight on a pristine beach – that’s just the beginning. Now visualize your first breath in the morning being filled with fresh ocean air from your room’s private balcony. Picture yourself sipping handmade rum punch served by a pool concierge. Anything is possible at The Jewel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Resort And Spa
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa Jamaica/Ocho Rios