“Break away while on business trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa

You added The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Mammee Bay | PO Box 858, Ocho Rios, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
EXTRA 10% OFF
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jamaica
“Break away while on business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

The place has nice location and beach front, spacious rooms with partial or full ocean view. While on a business trip place offered good meeting facilities with connectivity to Internet etc. Still in the room Internet was bit poor.
Overall property, bars and spas were very classy still trendy.

Room Tip: Prefer on the left side of the property, offers nice beach and restaurants below.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
JOHN M, Hotel Manager at The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Good day,

Due to glitches in our computer system your comments were not seen or responded to previously. The team at The Jewel Dunn’s River wish to apologize for this and want to express our appreciation for your feedback.

John M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,422)
Oswego, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This was our first trip out of the USA, we went to celebrate our 30th Wedding anniversary. From the moment we got off the bus the Jewel was amazing, The food was very good, the buffet was different every day so it never got boring. We tried all 3 restaurants and they were also very good and the deserts were perfect. The waiters always made sure our deserts were decorated for our anniversary. We had a very romantic dinner at the platnum which George made sure we had a very special dinner with a beautifully decorated table as well. Thank you George for such a memorable evening, Shawn was also an amazing waiter made each meal enjoyable as well. Uton at the swim up bar you are such a sweet person thank you for making my strawberry daiquiri perfect every time. The Anniversary/Honeymoon party was so much fun we met some wonderful couples which we are going to stay in contact with. Our room was the Sapphire Building Room 2616 What a view from this room, Breathtaking views!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The grounds are so beautiful and well kept. Ivan we love our palm hats you are so very talented. Rudolph you do such an amazing job keeping the place clean you are an amazing person we miss you. The entertainment staff WOW you are fantastic people, you seem to really love your jobs and you make it all so much fun even when you dont partake in the games it is just fun to watch and listen. Jason you are SO FUNNY you always made me laugh. I miss waking up to the beautiful view and the amazing staff. I hope to return some day and see all of you again. Scott you have done a wonderful job keep up the good work. Ryan when you say it is the cry bus you truly mean it, that is just what I wanted to do when the bus pulled up to take us to the airport. I felt like I was leaving my family. I was so impressed how the staff always remembered your name after you told them once. Last but certainly not last the Beach party (which was moved in side due to rain in the afternoon) was so amazing and the Pier Party WOW I have never been to anything like it, the servers work so hard in the heat but they never complain and it was absolutely perfect !!!!!!!!! Thank you for a perfect week !!!!!!

Room Tip: Sapphire Building Room #2616 amazing view of everything !!!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Dining - All of the restaurants are not open every night. Sometimes only the specialty restaurants were open and not the buffet.

Beach - Small, but clean and clear. It is clear, but not good for snorkeling. There is nothing to see in the swimming area.

The hotel is about 1.5 hours from the airport.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Carol B, Manager at The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Good day, due to glitches in our computer system your comments were not seen or responded to previously. The team at The Jewel Dunn’s River wish to apologize for this and want to express our appreciation for your feedback. Please be assured that we have now corrected the computer glitch and thank you for your comments. We certainly appreciate that you took the time to give us you your feedback as we continue to ensure our service delivery and product exceed your expectations. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again at our resort.
FT.LAUDALE,FLORIDA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Just completed my education and had new a job waiting for me so I
wanted to destress before I started my new career.I search the web and compared several resorts in Jamaica,but the excellent reviews of the Jewel Dunn's River kept popping up. I decided to book my vacation and had little regrets.My vacation would have been perfect if I was granted the room with a balcony on my ist day instead of my last day. I believe the young man who checked me in was not that experience in
customer satisfaaction. However, I must say the Jewel has employed a lot of young people with great personalities who seems to enjoy their work. The jewel is a beautiful and relaxing place, I want to mention some of the staff who made my husband and I like royalties...Camile,Uton,Carl and forgot some of the names. I will remember and send a thank note later. But, I will highly reccommend this resort. I you like balony or ocean view make sure you get that on your fisrt night. Although, my room upgrade did not totally ruin my vacation it surely would have been a true fairy tale vacation. Hoping that management reads this SO THE NEXT TIME I visit the Jewel I would have that fairy tale vacation. Overall very good service. Also, I wanted to put something I read about the staff expecting tips. We never,repeat never felt pressured to tip. If you want to tip or not to tip that your choice and the service was the same. GREAT STAFF.

Room Tip: Be specific
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Me and my husband went for our first honeymoon and a friends wedding it was magical !!!!!The staff was excellent,some staff were friendlier then others !But all and in all we had an enjoyable and relaxing time!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

I love, love, love this resort! The Staff is more friendly then anything you will experience. They go above and beyond to make you comfortable and at home. I think if there is anything that can be improved it's the night life but i'm not much on late night so it would not impact me. The only complaint that I would have is the departure, you have to get a shuttle to the airport which is 1.5 hour ride. That ride is a long ride but the view is beautiful, the problem is that they ship you off at 8 in the morning and most times your flight is not until 12-1pm. I believe between the hotel and the shuttle service they could arrange a more suitable time for leaving the hotel. I love the resort, I love Jamaica but that part sucks.. The view is beautiful, the food is awesome and the people make you feel like family! Ohh I personally love the cats too..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

What makes this place so special are the employees. If you enjoy relaxing, but also like to have the option to partake in several activities offered this is the place. We went here on our honeymoon and were blown away by the friendliness of the staff, not to mention the outstanding food! One con was that we were misinformed about the attire for men. They DO need long dress pants and dress shoes to get into one of the restaurants. We were bummed we couldn't eat there, but enjoyed all the other restaurants. There wasn't a drink that the bar tenders couldn't make either and they come to you where ever you are and serve you! The spa was amazing, tennis lessons from the pro, nature walk was outstanding, and the golf course was low key but fun.

Room Tip: The rooms were always cleaned, and we had turn down service every night plus our non-alcoholic bever...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

John M.

Been to The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!