My husband and I traveled to Jamaica for the sixth time this July, to celebrate our first wedding anniversary at the Jewel. We have stayed at a good variety of all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica including Sandals. The Jewel was definitely worth every penny spent. It was a great value. We booked during the promotion with every third night free. For the price we paid, the Jewel was fantastic.
The staff was absolutely phenomenal. Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly front desk staff and taken to our room in the Emerald Lanai. When we first got to the room my husband mentioned the bathroom being a little small. So, I asked if we could look at another option and the front desk staff graciously obliged. We decided to stay in the Emerald Lanai because we liked the privacy of not being in one of the main buildings. I was particularly impressed with Vidal on the Hobbie Cat and our server at breakfast.
Many reviewers have mentioned the quality of food at the Jewel. I particularly enjoyed the breakfast buffet, as I found there to be a good variety of traditional Jamaican dishes and continental selections. For dinner, I found the Moonstone to be the most tasty (the tiramisu was to die for). The jerk chicken, french fries and pizza from the grill and Jester's was awesome. Blackie Chan was particularly entertaining at the Jade Samurai and the food was pretty tasty. However, I was not so impress with Platinum (this maybe because it was not lobster season so we were not able to enjoy the surf and turf other reviewers raved about). The drink selection was pretty good, though I have been to other all inclusives with more options.
One of the greatest aspects of this resort is the size. It is not too big or too small. It has all the amenities of a mega resort with the intimacy and attention to detail of a boutique hotel. If another wonderful sale is going on the next time I am ready to go to Jamaica, I would definitely return to the Jewel.
- Also Known As:
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Resort And Spa
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Hotel
- The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa Jamaica/Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing The Jewel Dunn’s River, a new Jamaican beach resort located mere moments from one of Jamaica’s top attractions – spectacular Dunn’s River Falls. The Caribbean’s most romantic, adults-only Jamaican resort is the perfect spot for couples, honeymooners and idyllic weddings. Plus, our all-inclusive resort features the unique ‘Jewel Only’ exclusives you can only discover here. Imagine watching a movie from the comfort of a pool raft and dining by candlelight on a pristine beach – that’s just the beginning. Now visualize your first breath in the morning being filled with fresh ocean air from your room’s private balcony. Picture yourself sipping handmade rum punch served by a pool concierge. Anything is possible at The Jewel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.