We stayed at the Jewel from June 21-25, 2011. Absolutely loved it. First, the bus ride isn't that bad. It gives you a chance to see the coast line and see some of the towns heading to Ocho Rios. When you get off the bus, you're greeted by a friendly, smiling staff member with an ice cold towel to cool you off, and followed by the drink of the day. What a great way to start. Check in goes very quick, and you head to your room with a bellman in tow with your luggage.
The room was beautiful. We had a one bedroom butler suite overlooking the ocean and the pool. Fantastic view from both balconies. It was very clean and spacious. Housekeeping did a fabulous job each and every day, ensuring that everything was crisp and clean, even going as far as folding and stacking any clothing we accidentally left out. And turndown service left us cute little towel visitors each night.
Room service was great. The food was delicious and the server even set the table for us complete with a tablecloth. Liquor dispenser and mini bar in the room was convenient too, although the drinks from any of the bars were great too.
The Butlers were very attentive also. Kudos to Keoni and Oren. They even had a couple of lounge chairs reserved for us at poolside in the morning and checked in on us to see if we needed dinner reservations, or anything in general.
The restaurants are also top notch. The cafe for breakfast and lunch was great and Shawn was very personable each morning. The view from the cafe is also fantastic. Moonstone was also very nice. Great service from Rachelle. And the Jade Samurai was excellent also, with Blackie Chang showing us an awesome Tepanyaki experience. Conrad (AKA Eddie) at the pool bar was very attentive and funny every day. Made the pool experience worth while.
The Hotel Manager Scott Robbins sets the example of what a manager should be. I can't say enough good things about him. He does an awesome job to communicate with the guests and goes out of his way to check in on them and make sure they are enjoying their stay. We felt welcomed and at home from the first minute to the last. Overall we were very satisfied with our stay and impressed with the property and the service.
The daily activities in and around the pool are a lot of fun with Jason on the mic, and the evening activities leave a lasting impression.
I would definitely recommend the Jewel as a great place to stay. Much more personable and friendly that the Riu next door. We attended a wedding there one night and it seemed like no one took the time to greet you or offer to help. We literally had to chase a lady down to ask where to go. We walked around for almost and hour, attended the wedding, and then walked out and we were not greeted by a single employee the whole time. It was nowhere near the attentiveness of the staff at the Jewel. Everyone smiles and greets you there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing The Jewel Dunn’s River, a new Jamaican beach resort located mere moments from one of Jamaica’s top attractions – spectacular Dunn’s River Falls. The Caribbean’s most romantic, adults-only Jamaican resort is the perfect spot for couples, honeymooners and idyllic weddings. Plus, our all-inclusive resort features the unique ‘Jewel Only’ exclusives you can only discover here. Imagine watching a movie from the comfort of a pool raft and dining by candlelight on a pristine beach – that’s just the beginning. Now visualize your first breath in the morning being filled with fresh ocean air from your room’s private balcony. Picture yourself sipping handmade rum punch served by a pool concierge. Anything is possible at The Jewel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Resort And Spa
- The Jewel Dunn`s River Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- The Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa Jamaica/Ocho Rios