“Cool Runnings & Dunes River” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Activities: Swimming, Group tours/day tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cool Runnings Catamarans offers two unforgettable daily cruises to the famed Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. The party begins when you hop aboard the beautiful catamarans docked at picturesque Mahogany Beach. While the DJ spins the best in reggae and soca music, the delightful hostesses serve welcoming fruit punch and soft drinks. "Safety first" is the capable captain's #1 goal. The action-packed sea adventure begins with snorkeling in the deep blue Caribbean reefs, and the attentive crew prepares you with guidelines, snorkel tips, training, and what to expect when you reach the Falls. The excitement builds while cruising past emerald hills, waterfalls, and historical sites before docking at the foot of the world-famous Falls. Expert guides lead your climb up the impressive cascading 600-foot (183-meter) waterfalls. The invigorating jaunt through the scenic tropical rain forest is a primer for the fun awaiting you on the sail home. Greeted back onboard with a smile and an open bar, the DJ pumps up the volume and it's time to let loose! You'll agree that Cool Runnings Catamarans is the ultimate party boat experience in the Caribbean! The Cool Runnings Dunn's River Falls Cruise is the must-do activity on your Jamaican vacation. The 9 a.m. cruise is perfect for families with small children. The 12:30 p.m. sail is great for groups, couples, singles, family reunions, and birthday and wedding celebrations. Visitors from Negril and Montego Bay are treated to an authentic Jamaican lunch before boarding.
Woodstock Ontario
5 attraction reviews
“Cool Runnings & Dunes River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Thought the price was excellent > you get Bang for Your Buck. We were picked up at Hotel in Montego Bay, with a 10 minute rest stop on the way. Lunch was served when we arrived. After lunch on to catamaran then out for snorkeling. There were about 50 people on boat so no overcrowding.
Equipment for snorkeling provided as well. Then on to Dunns River. The walk up the falls was fun and you will get Wet from Head to Toe. I am 60 years old and it was still fun.

After climb party on the boat and than bus ride home again with a pit stop about halfway back to Montego Bay.
Cost was $120 per person

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great trip shame about the photo CD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We went on this trip 21/8/12 to celebrate my son's birthday, overall it was a good trip enjoyed by all and my son said 'It was his best birthday ever', The climbing of Dunns River Falls was amazing, not enough time spent there. The party on the catamaran after the falls was good fun, we bought the photo CD because it would be a momento of my sons birthday, I was a bit dubious but my husband assured me it would be fine, well the CD is unreadable!!!!!! and I feel we paid alot of money (it's not cheap) for nothing. I have emailed the tour operators twice but the silence is deafening, I just wanted to know if they kept copies of photos and could we have another copy.

I would advise anyone thinking of buying the photo CD to beware it may not work when you get back home and it is such a dissapointment, infact take your own pictures to be on the safe side.

Visited August 2012
4 attraction reviews
“Fun fun fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We took the snorkel, falls, party trip. This was a great way to get to dunn's river falls and they provide all of the snorkel gear. Of course I didn't understand why we could drink until after the hike up the falls, but after reaching the top I realized I might have made if we drank rum punch on the way. Don't worry they give plenty of time to drink and I never had a ti,e where I didn't have 2 full drinks in hand.

Montreal, Canada
“AMAZING FUN!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I went yesterday on this excursion and enjoyed it. a lot fun , dancing, me and my friend drink red stripe , rhum and coke , rhum punch was good , good staff very friendly, the french guide was so excellent very friendly he did a good job hopefully will be back next year yeah mon.

Fresno, California
5 attraction reviews
“Great Party/Adventure trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I went on this excursion and LOVED IT. Got to do some snorkeling. One of the guys working the boat was in the water with us and gave us a cracked urchin to feed the fish so they would swim up to us. He also let us dive down and take some cool pictures.

The Dunns River Falls climb is way fun, but bring water shoes if you're planning on going, the rental shoes smell bad and let tiny rocks in the shoes, which was annoying. Super fun climb though, great picture opportunities if you have a waterproof camera. Be ready to tip the guides afterward.

Then starts the party on the catamaran. Booze and beer were flowing, fun dance music and fun times with the crew. They're all ready to get you in a good mood and up and dancing while balancing with the waves. They have a photographer on board, and I actually regret not buying the pictures they were taken of us on there.

All in all, we loved the experience! Would recommend anyone of drinking age to go and enjoy!