I reserved three rooms at Mystic Ridge Resort. I called the hotel from the U.S. to advise that my father recently had a stroke and was unable to walk for long periods of time. The reservationist neglected to mention that the hotel/rooms were situated on a steep incline. While they did reserve a room on the ground floor for my father, it was a strenuous walk for him at times.
The food was very good and we enjoy everything prepared! Unfortunately, the service was lacking. The waiters wrote everything down but still missed/forgot items requested. Breakfast started at 6:00am (if I am remembering correct). We got there 1 hour later and already, they had run out of a dish being offered.
The property offers no nightly entertainment or even attempted music playing from a tape or cd. There is basically nothing to do there. Sometimes a bartender was not available at the swim up bar during the day.
Overall, the rooms and food were a plus but the lack of anything happening to do on the property and poor customer service in the dining-room need a bit more work
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern gated complex complete with swimming pool, bar area, restaurant and tennis court. Air conditioned rooms with jacuzzi with king and queen side beds. Can sleep up to 8 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Mystic Ridge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crane Ridge Hotel Ocho Rios
- Mystic Ridge Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios