I stayed in the two-bedroom, two-bathroom suite with my husband and 3 kids ages 20, 16, and 16. The room had 2 stories and was large and comfortable. The master suite on the top floor was amazing! You do have to go up a narrow, winding staircase to get to it, so this room would be inaccessible to people with mobility issues. The other bedroom had two double beds (these are smaller than full-time beds and two adults would have had a difficult time sleeping in them). There was also a daybed in the living room, and a pullout sofa in the Master Suite. As stated, it could very comfortably sleep 6 adults. It has a kitchen, which included a stovetop and a microwave (no regular oven). Dishes and pots are there. My only complaint about the room was that the shower water alternated between freezing and scalding with no warning. No long relaxing showers at this hotel! Our room was immaculately cleaned, but they took the dirty towels and only left 1 clean towel for a family of 5. We had to go to the front desk and get them ourselves at the end of a tiring day of activities: this is an example of the lack of attention to detail that would make this a great resort. The staff seem lax, as though they just don't care. Also, bring your own shampoo and such - there are no cute freebies in the bathrooms.
The restaurant at the hotel had good food with a nice open atmosphere, but the staff are not very attentive. The first night we were there, the waiter went to great lengths to describe menu offerings, and then would tell us that they were out of the item when we tried to order. It was bizarre and annoying. Breakfast is traditional Jamaican food - this is something to consider if you have children who do not want to eat callalou, saltfish, boiled yam and boiled dumpling. They say that it is a buffet, but actually if you have to stand and have it served to you. You can order an omelet, but the chef makes them one at a time, so it is quite a long wait. They are quite stingy with the juice, and will tell you that you are only allowed one glass. The staff overall, do not seem to look for ways to make your stay great, but will do what you ask them to do.
There is a tennis court and a pool, but nothing else to do on the property. This property is up a steep hill, so it is not necessarily an easy walk to anything. They do have a shuttle to Mystic Park, which is about 5 minutes away. There is also a beach shuttle, which we didn't use. One or two cab drivers hang around the parking lot and will introduce themselves to you; they are very reliable and will take you to and from attractions such as Dunn River Falls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern gated complex complete with swimming pool, bar area, restaurant and tennis court. Air conditioned rooms with jacuzzi with king and queen side beds. Can sleep up to 8 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mystic Ridge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crane Ridge Hotel Ocho Rios
- Mystic Ridge Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios