I stayed there with my boyfriend from 2/19-2/23 to celebrate my birthday. I chose this hotel because it was on a mountain, close to a town and walking distance to the beach. When I got there I realized that the room wasn't as bright and flawless and as crisp as the pictures showed. The bedskirt was dingy as if someone had mopped the floor without lifting it, the curtains and shower curtains were not freshly washed either. I'm thinking that this place is probably about as clean as a Ramada Inn or Holiday Inn but because those places use heavily patterned bedspreads and curtains, we can't SEE what's dirty. This places uses white and lime green so they should DEFINITELY pull curtains down and bedspreads off and wash them weekly. Otherwise, the bathroom was clean, the towels, wash cloths and the sheets were clean. The bedroll was kind of tattered. Again, bright colors but it should probably come with a zip off cover that should be removed and washed. Oh yeah, the hot water seemed to disappear any time I wanted to shower. Smh. But here I am, writing a review of what they need to do in my opinion...that's not my objective but I guess that's what constructive criticism is.
STAFF: Friendly, nice people. June Plum was closed when we got there, we were starving and Carl seated us and let us know that they had a couple of items left which were yummy.
POOLSIDE BAR: Open, the bartender was very nice and friendly and made us THE BEST daiquiris.
DESK STAFF: Very nice and helpful. They were NO problem at all.
CAB DRIVERS AT THE HOTEL: They were very nice and mysteriously ALWAYS AROUND when we left our room...when we got there they were always offering to take us everywhere and even including Dunn's River Falls for $40 for both of us round trip...very nice until we didn't agree with the prices! lol. One guy (Not Mr. Green) drove us to the town to the pharmacy and was supposed to take us to Dunn's but upon negotiating the price...he disappeared when we came out of the store. We found that to be hilarious. Amazingly, after complaining about prices, we never saw either of them again. But we walked out and got a cab to and from Dunn's River for a TOTAL of $15 round trip for the two of us.
THE POOL: Clean, cold, relaxing, very nice.
All in all, its an okay hotel. It can benefit from a good power wash on the outside and some machine washing on the linens. The person who cleans the rooms does a great job on the things that she can clean by hand tho.. ..I guess that's my review!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern gated complex complete with swimming pool, bar area, restaurant and tennis court. Air conditioned rooms with jacuzzi with king and queen side beds. Can sleep up to 8 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Mystic Ridge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crane Ridge Hotel Ocho Rios
- Mystic Ridge Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios