We just got back from staying a week at the Mystic Ridge. This was part of a package holiday through Sunwing. We booked Mystic based on the reviews here and of course the price was right!
We had a loft room, with a balcony and awesome view down to the Caribbean. The room was clean and looked just like the pictures online. The resort is set back on the hill away from the ocean. The grounds are very nice. Our wristbands allowed us access to a paid beach, with a free shuttle ride. We also got complimentary passes to Mystic Mountain Rain Forest for some sightseeing. (chair lift and bobsled)
If you want to walk to shops, it is literally a 5 min walk to both the Taj Mahal Plaza and Island Village shops. There are a few other restaurants close by - "Ruins at the Falls" and "Evita's"
Mystic Ridge Resort offers a very quiet, relaxing time compared to a big resort. It is very laid back. All of the staff we met nice and friendly.
The restaurant serves great gourmet dinners. Breakfast is traditional Caribbean, or Omelette and toast. The restaurant staff are great. We tried quite a few of the meals and were not disappointed!
We did a taxi tour day with a local fellow who operates around the resort. If you are looking to see Ocho Rios, this is the way to go. He took us to do some sightseeing, Coyaba gardens, Dunn's River Falls and stopped for some lunch and shopping. Ask for "Mr. Green", he is a really nice guy.
We would definitely recommend this resort to others that are looking for a quiet, relaxing time.
Thank you Mystic Ridge!
- Also Known As:
- Crane Ridge Hotel Ocho Rios
- Crane Ridge Hotel
- Mystic Ridge Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mystic Ridge Resort is a tastefully decorated tropical paradise overlooking the resort town and bay of Ocho Rios, Jamaica. The newly refurbished property opened December 15, 2011. The fine Accommodations comprise Modern Standard rooms, Airy Loft Suites and fully equipped One and Two Bedroom Apartments. All units are equipped with flat screen Television, coffee maker and refrigerator. A variety of bedding is available, ranging from deluxe singles, queen and king size, and our unique super king. Several guest rooms overlook the breathtaking view of the Ocho Rios Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Mystic Ridge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.