“An afternoon in the sun to remember” 5 of 5 stars

Prospect, Ocho Rios 99999, Jamaica
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 59 things to do in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Owner description: A famous Jamaican landmark, this breathtaking picture-perfect white sand beach is a tropical slice of heaven. Lounge chairs are lined along the seashore, some grouped amongst shady random clusters of hundred year old almond and palm trees, while others are arranged closer to the waters edge. Enjoy soft reggae music and great Jamaican hospitality. A large bamboo bar offers exotic cocktails and beverages, and the seaside restaurant serves tasty local cuisine.
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“An afternoon in the sun to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

How I loved my trip to the Reggae beach. We'd been told by many people that this was an expensive beach that lacked atmosphere however, it was just what I needed.

Yes, it cost 900 Jamaican Dollars (9USD) to get in but my sister and I felt it was worth it. The use of the sun loungers were included in the fee and we were ushered on to a powdery sand beach with the most beautiful views. The water was bright blue, The sand a pale yellow and the atmosphere tranquil.

We settled ourselves on loungers, some were in the direct sunlight, some were under canopies so we had a choice. We then went to the bar/restaurant and ordered cocktails and food - there was a good selection at fairly reasonable prices.

There were not too many other people on the beach and so my sister and I were able to walk its length and really, really relax. The water was warm and clean as you'd fully expect. There were some great photo opportunities presented by the rock formations at both the beach's extremities.

The entrance fee means that you don't get any hawkers troubling you to buy stuff.

The bar staff were great and we had one of the best afternoons of our lives so far enjoying this fantastic place. The following week we went to the 7 Mile Beach in Negril; whilst I think you do have to go there as it's so well known, the reggae beach was much, much better in our view.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Mayothamayo

New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Beach day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful. Nine dollars to get in. Clean with bamboo lounge chairs. Bar and lifeguard for those that think they can swim. Security and restaurant with changing rooms and bathrooms all immaculate. Definite comeback!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Msfong66
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A private paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We visited Reggae Beach 2 different days during our stay. Both days we felt like we practically had the beach to ourselves..it was great!. Great atmosphere, great Reggae Music, superb lunches.
It is impossible to capture this pretty beach on camera as the view is a large crescent and you'll never capture all of it on a photo.!! Must go and see for yourself. The bamboo loungers were very comfortable and Lisa (our server both days) took personal interest in us and even remembered us our 2nd day. Order your food about an hour early. This is not a negative.. they prepare your cuisine fresh and is takes time to prepare. Totally worth it! We had whole fish, shrimp curry and festival and it was all delicious. No vendors hassling tourists (I don't mind all that, just don't like it during a relaxing beach stay)!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank 667JanMarie
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Lovely beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I'm not really a beach person but I thought this beach was lovely. The entry fee was $9 and on arrival, there were less than 10 people on the beach. There are changing facilities and a nice bar that serves food and drinks and also plays music. The food was cooked fresh and didn't take that long to arrive. There were loungers in the shade of trees and also in the sun so we were able to move around a we liked. The scenery is breathtaking-the beach has clean white sand and clear blue waters and also some rocks at either end where the waters are a little rougher. There was also a lifeguard was on duty. We brought our own beach towels-the loungers would be less comfortable without them. As it was so secluded and quiet, it really did feel like a private tropical paradise. I'd certainly love to visit again and spend longer.

Visited June 2013
Chino, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Decent beach, but you have to pay to get in”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We got the $6 "local" rate because the beach closed soon - I think it closes around 7 for some reason - you can't swim after that time. I think it is normally $8 - but it sucks to pay to get into a beach in Jamaica. You can go to the bar, or lay on the beach - there is only a small swimming area in the middle - the sides are covered in hard coral rock. The greenery surrounding the beach is really pretty.

Visited July 2013