“very relaxing” 4 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Vallejo
“very relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

it was very relaxing with a few small falls to go down other wise it was more like a lazy river. The ride up can be a bit scary as it is a 1 lane road with cars going both ways

Cordele, GA
6 attraction reviews
“Very relaxing and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We booked a combo excursion from the cruise ship that included tubing the White River, a short lunch and cruise, and then a hike up Dunns River Falls. It was excellent and took the whole day. They got us back to the ship just prior to sailing but we were told ahead of time it was an all day excursion. The inter tubing was great for the first half; that is where the light rapids are. There is a guide and his dogs, but the guide was there to keep everyone safe and keep people together. The dog was not a problem at all, as written in another review. Everyone is required to wear a life jacket, but it was NOT cumbersome or a problem at all. My five year old was nervous prior to getting in the water, but within seconds he was laughing and having a ball. The other reviewers are correct in that they stop you half way to buy pictures for $6 each. The pictures are ONLY $6 for a reason. It is best to take a waterproof camera. I put my Droid in a waterproof pouch and it took excellent video and pictures. The second half of the river is more of a lazy river float trip, but still relaxing. As I said, we were too have a boat ride to Dunn's River, so our float trip went past some minor industrial boat docks on the way to the beach. I think most floaters end prior to that area though. Overall, this is a great family adventure. I will write a seperate review of the falls portion.

Hilton Head Island,SC
“Tubing the river was so relaxing after shopping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I used to live on a river in Montana and went tubing many,many times. However my Lady Love had never had the experience before.She was shouting with glee during the minor rapids and had a big smile all the rest of the ride. It was just the two of us and the guide as I planned the visit on a day when a cruise ship was NOT in port.

Syracuse, New York
11 attraction reviews
“*** PRO/CON - Meh. Completely Average Experience, a good opportunity to unwind from more exciting activities!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

INTRO

-My gf and I decided to go tubing down White River following our visit to the Blue Hole and Dunn's Falls. Overall, it was decent experience as it was very relaxing and low stress. We had our guide, Vivian who kept our tubes together as we lazily floated down the river. The first half of the ride was a bit lame as our guide sang/entertained us with the typical tourist-like questions. We then stopped at the halfway point to where we were subjected to photos and offers of drinks (for $$$ of course). Fortunately we had our own water proof camera and needed neither.
-It wasn't until the second half of the trip where our guide opened up to us as we started discussing the topic of food and drink. Once he decided to end the cheesy front that he was performing and actually have a conversation with us about his country and customs, we started to have a good time. We talked about food and alcohol that was known throughout Jamaica. It was nice to learn something informative throughout the trip and be treated as a true conversation partner, rather than just a tourist who was expected to pay a tip.

PRO
-Relaxed and low key tubing down a somewhat pretty river.
-Guide may sing or entertain you as you float on your tube.
-Low cost, low risk. No danger at all. Experience only ONCE!
-It's 40 min trip, with drinks available for purchase at the mid point.
-Bring your own camera if it's waterproof!

CON
-NOT that thrilling. The guide was a bit cheesy at first, but warmed up as we talked more and he dropped the cheesy entertainment act.
-Moderately priced. Not the first attraction I'd put on my list of recommendations

Please email me if you have any questions, and once again - safe travels!

St. Louis, MO
6 attraction reviews
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

this was so much fun! a little white water and a little gentle water - just the right mix. tubes had hard plastic bottoms on it so didn't have to worry about getting scratched up from rocks!

Visited May 2013