Just returned from weeks stay at this hotel. First the good. Beachfront rooms are steps to beach. Rooms are clean, no bugs. Food is good but variety is an issue. Nice for a quiet vacation.
This hotel is dated and tired, in need of major upgrades. The pool was unusable for our entire stay, simply because no one bothered to clean it no matter how many times we questioned the staff. The terrace and bar area has very outdated and broken, uncomfortable wooden chairs that have been repaired many times. No matter how hard we tried we could not get staff to play music around bar to liven things up a bit. Bar staff will not leave bar area to serve drinks unless a tour from cruise ship arrives and then they serve people on tour and ignore regular hotel guests. Rooms had an ongoing issue with hot water and no water for an entire afternoon. While rooms are clean be prepared for no counter space in bathrooms for toiletries.
This is not a 3 and half star hotel.i would only recommend it if upgrades were completed.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel And Spa
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- Shaw Park Jamaica
- Shaw Park Beach Ocho Rios
- Shaw Park Hotel Jamaica
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa Jamaica/Ocho Rios