First let me start by saying my husband and I are not wealthy people, and this was our first real vacation anywhere, let alone outside of the country. Therefore, I cannot compare this resort to a "5 star" resort. Nor are we accustomed to staying at such upscale establishments. Having said that, we went to Shaw Park in July last year, 2012, and we are going back in 2014!!! It was perfect for us!! It was "off" season, so hardley no one was there. And the location is to die for!! Because of it being tucked away in a cove, it was as if there was nothing around. It was literally like we had an island to ourselves!! Rooms are simple, but nice. And they all face the ocean, which is close enough to throw an indian almond in. The food was so good, and the view while eating is breathtaking! The staff was friendly. Everyone talks about Smiley the bartender in the reviews I read, but we spent more time with Willie, and he is great. We met some locals at the end of the beach where the river feeds into the ocean. Once you get past the initial pushiness to buy something, they are really great folks. We can't wait to go back. It's not a party, activity filled resort, but it's perfect for the ones just wanting to sit back and chill.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel And Spa
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- Shaw Park Jamaica
- Shaw Park Beach Ocho Rios
- Shaw Park Hotel Jamaica
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa Jamaica/Ocho Rios