We just returned from a very pleasant stay at Shaw Park, December 24th-31st.
We had booked a "deluxe" room and were in 215. It's dated but we had loads of hot water and it was cleaned extremely well every day. Great 2nd floor verandah with a table and chairs and a fantastic view of the sea.
A very nice lobby with free wi-fi, which we took advantage of.
They were really working on the beach and it was looking much better by the end of our week.
Swimming was great for us. Sandy bottom, with a bit up a dip to get in but not a problem.
Super friendly staff ( hi Miss Rose and Smilie ). Outdoor dining for all meals was a plus we certainly enjoyed.
We found the food to be very good. A very real Jamaican tone.
So all in all we found Shaw Park to be a very enjoyable stay and if the price was right would certainly return.
The only recommendation we would have is, if you are planning an excursion do it on a day they have cruise ship guests. The one day, there were a few hundred people showed up for a beach/lunch few hours. The hotel handled the masses just fine( thanks to Miss Rose). We did make a suggestion that perhaps on that day they should set aside a few tables for the staying guests which would solve the majority of complaints we heard about the resort.
So in our opinion if you choose Shaw Park and have 3 star expectations you should be pleasantly surprised.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel And Spa
- Shaw Park Jamaica
- Shaw Park Beach Ocho Rios
- Shaw Park Hotel Jamaica
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa Jamaica/Ocho Rios