My boyfriend and I are in our late-20s and had never been to Jamaica. Both of us are American grad/medical students who wanted to see as much of the country as we could without falling into mega tourist traps/secluded resorts that don't allow one to see much of the country. We also had a limited amount of time and a strict budget. We found this hotel through Delta Airlines, and were able to book it using Sky Miles without any problems! We paid for our stay in full using our miles without any hidden fees or surprises upon check out--very happy about this!
We stayed at Shaw Park for two nights. Both of us were very, very pleased with the service and rooms! Below is an outline of points for those debating on staying here:
- PRIVACY!!!! Oh my goodness, we could not have asked for more privacy--it was so wonderful! The room we stayed in was HUGE with a great balcony and ocean front view! Very quiet, serene, perfect. It was as though we had our own private island. Absolutely loved this! We always felt very safe and secure, too.
- The food was delicious!
- The staff was very kind and helpful! Example: One night we just wanted burgers rather than the big meal offered as the dinner selection at the restaraunt, and the chef went out of his way to make this for us, call our room, and surprise us-- no problems!
- I've read some negative criticism of the "dated" decor. Frankly, I am rather disappointed to read such remarks. The atmosphere was completely charming, well-maintained, and clean. Our AC and television worked perfectly, we had hot clean running water, and no bug problems. The rooms offer a break from the mega resort cookie cutter interiors--a change my boyfriend and I warmly welcomed. For those looking for a typical Disney/Sandals type of atmosphere, you would probably prefer to stay somewhere else. (Photos of our room and hotel atmosphere included...)
- The front desk set us up with transportation that was personalized and fantastic. We had driver take us to Dunns River Falls, pick us up afterward, then show us all around Ocho Rios for a very reasonable fee. In my opinion, much better than some big tour group...
- The one thing that I would have liked would have been wifi... but at the same time, it really forced us to go into complete vacation mode (which is what we needed!)
- Ocho Rios was my favorite area of Jamaica (we also visited Montego Bay and Kingston). I definitely hope to return, and will absolutely book my stay at this same hotel!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, HotelsClick, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel And Spa
- Shaw Park Jamaica
- Shaw Park Beach Ocho Rios
- Shaw Park Hotel Jamaica
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa Jamaica/Ocho Rios