“Hotel by owner” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Resort   |   Turtle Beach Road | PO Box 6201, Ocho Rios, Jamaica   |
Ranked #27 of 40 Hotels in Ocho Rios
“Hotel by owner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed in two different rooms as i went to the other side of the island for a couple of days and got given a differnt room. I believe each room is owned by a different person as my first room was really horrible and my second room was good.

Remember this is only a 2.5 star hotel, dont expect the world but you get what you pay for.

And if you get a bad room asked to be changed to a better one.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went to fisherman point five now and always have a great time the staff is very helpful with anything they can help you with everything you want is there margaritaville. dunn's river.craft market. Shopping centre dolphin cove just to name a few I would reccomend it to any one young and old+family going to Jamaica no problem very good service friendly staff. One love!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked two seperate rooms, which were very spacious and comfortable, however there is a nightclub across the street which mean't that I never got a good night's sleep. My room was on the ground floor nearest the street, while my friends room was set back a little - He never heard anything, so I guess I was unlucky. My door was also not secure, a firm pull would easily open the door. There is no wifi in the rooms, wifi is only available in or very close to reception. The good points are, the friendly and helpful staff, free beach access to a great beach. The location is a short walk to nearby restaurants, shops and the Turtle Park.

Room Tip: Try asking the staff for a room set away from the street and ideally on the second or third floors a...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Pompano Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

the hotel was great. right near the beach and across from margharitaville. everything was in walking distance. the only thing bad was housekeeping, had to ask for towels. had a wonderful view from the balcony. great music coming from the bar

Room Tip: our view was of the boat docks which was lovely
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Edison, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2015 via mobile

The outside looks fine but the inside was very disappointing . The room smelled bad shower was rusty kitchen was not clean ceiling had water stains. Worst of all it was too noisy . Couldn't sleep with disco across the street. Staff was very nice and great location for activities

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015

I'm writing this review, as I rely on reviews myself to help me make decisions as I have children and cannot afford the risk of staying at somewhere unsuitable. So I felt I should write this to help others who are trying to make the best decision for their family. On arrival at the hotel I arrived at the lobby to hear somebody complaining and asking for a refund. This worried me,but I decided to keep calm and wait to be shown to my room. On first impressions, I wasn't overly impressed when I first saw my apartment, but I decided to bare with it. After very loud music noise throughout the night, I was moved to an alternative room on the other side of the hotel two days later. I'm gonna keep this short and just say the level of cleanliness overall wasn't very good. The swimming pool was not very clean, but the grounds were kept ok. The linen and towels were not changed very frequently unless one requested new ones, so eventually I literally began to replace and exchange them by myself via the hotel laundry room. The air conditioning was very dusty and I developed a bulge over my eye. my son also caught a rash as I guess the sheets hadn't been changed often enough, or washed at high tempretures. I booked this apartment for my honeymoon and on the morning of my wedding I found I had to wait for the water to come back on as it had cut out for the second time during our stay! The location is good and the staff are nice, the hotel is quiet during the day. This hotel is good if you are on an extremely tight budget. I however would not choose to stay at this particular hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
FishermansPoint, Manager at Fisherman's Point Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced while staying with us. At Fisherman's Point we value all our guests, should a guest make report of dissatisfaction we immediately work towards fixing the issue. Customer satisfaction is key. Our management team will continue to improve both our service and accommodations as we have been doing for the pass six (6) months.
Once again we apologize for any inconvenience caused and hope that this unforeseen experience will not deter you from returning to our property.

Thanks again for choosing Fisherman's Point in Ocho Rios.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2015

We chose Fisherman's Point based on location... With mixed reviews we were apprehensive to say the least. We stayed 5 days total... In two different rooms. We were pleasantly surprised.
Pros: The location is great! Near Margaritaville and Ocean's 11 and shopping... For access to activities such as Dolphin Cove, Dunn's River Falls, Chukka River Tubing and Ocean horseback riding it's the best location. Josette with Tourwise set us up with everything at a huge savings over internet booking. Margaritaville was awesome... Providing a great beach with security. OCEAN'S 11 has great food and (along with Margaritaville) great nightlife activity. Other great restaurants were very close... Evita's... Reggae Alley... All within walking distance. Route Taxi's are the way to go... But negotiate price first and make sure they're red license plates.

Cons : Rooms were clean but sparse amenities and showing their age... Bar soap and towels only... No shampoos or coffee for coffeemakers.
Security measures may be a bit disconcerting at first. For example... To get to the beach you must get a pass from the hotel desk, then you go through two gates and walk down a walkway with barbed wire topped fences. You'll finally get to the beach access that's shared. The hotel doesn't have their own beach. Go to Margaritaville beach! Pests such as mice or roaches weren't an issue... Probably due to the dozens of semi-feral cats on the property. Mini-Mart attendant seemed bothered to wait on us on two occasions and lied when converting costs from Jamaican currency to U.S... She made a pretty decent tip before I caught on... Lesson learned.

Overall... Stay on ocean side... It's quieter. Streetside you'll hear the club noise till 4am. We felt secure... With a nice guard always on duty at the entrance. Front desk staff was pleasant and most importantly Tourwise made our trip! They worked to arrange activities and transportation around our desires and needs.

If we ever go back... This is where we'd stay again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such great review. It was indeed a pleasure to host you. The management and team will continue to improve the quality of our accommodation for our guests satisfaction. Once again thanks for choosing Fisherman's Point in Ocho Rios. Look forward to host you soon.

Regards.

Been to Fisherman's Point Resort? Share your experiences!